aquaz purephos premium RTN SPS?

calvinci

• SRC Member

Anyone tried the purephos premium with bad result? I have 3 acro RTN 2 days after I start using purephos. It might not cause by purephos but there is nothing change during this few days, except add in purephos. Tested water parameter, everything in check, why RTN?? one of it it's a tricolor which is my favourite.

• SRC Member
Sudden change of water quality will affect your sps/corals. Whether using rowa, purephos or any other products that remove phosphate will be the same.

I hope i am not wrong in giving your this info.

;)

i agree with reefaholic...

any drastic change in the chemistry will affect corals, esp sps...

at least this shows one very important thing "PUREPHOS WORKS!!"

;)

• SRC Member
Sudden change of water quality will affect your sps/corals. Whether using rowa, purephos or any other products that remove phosphate will be the same.

I hope i am not wrong in giving your this info.

;)

yup.. agree with reefholic. Try searching about RTN/STN together with rowaphos in reefcentral. You can find lots of information about the reasons for causing rtn/stn. Mainly caused by sudden decrease in PO4 levels. Rowaphos's effect could have been worse as they are really deadly PO4 suckers :lol:

• SRC Member

before using purephos, I have phosban and PO4 is nearly zero already.. After add in purephos for 5 days, I check again and the PO4 is the same, nearly zero but not zero yet. So there is no sudden drop of PO4, that's why I am puzzled

• SRC Member
before using purephos, I have phosban and PO4 is nearly zero already.. After add in purephos for 5 days, I check again and the PO4 is the same, nearly zero but not zero yet. So there is no sudden drop of PO4, that's why I am puzzled

Then you have to check on ur testkit. Could be not giving the right results. BTW, i used purephos for my sps tank also, somemore in conjuction with carbophos. No rtn/stn is seen. Maybe u should check on other parameters, like magnesium, calcium, etc. Or is your pump blowing directly on your sps? That might cause rtn/stn.

• SRC Member

Then you have to check on ur testkit. Could be not giving the right results. BTW, i used purephos for my sps tank also, somemore in conjuction with carbophos. No rtn/stn is seen. Maybe u should check on other parameters, like magnesium, calcium, etc. Or is your pump blowing directly on your sps? That might cause rtn/stn.

haha, u r 1 great fan of aquaz! :lol: