Who wanna learn diving?

holyspirit

Hi pple,

For those who not yet learn how to dive but would seriously like to learn how to dive, pls let me know. Coz my fren say need at least 4 pple to form a group then he will teach. He say the diving course will cost around $450.

The test will be held in tioman.

For further details pls PM me..

Thanks

Cheryl

Diving is a totally different world. Personally, the most fascinately dive was the one when i came across a calm more than 2m wide. i thought this only happen in mermaid or fairy tale till i saw it with my own eyes.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
when i came across a calm more than 2m wide.

what is a calm??? :huh:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
holyspirit Posted on Apr 18 2005, 11:20 PM

For those who not yet learn how to dive but would seriously like to learn how to dive, pls let me know. Coz my fren say need at least 4 pple to form a group then he will teach. He say the diving course will cost around $450.

The test will be held in tioman.

i might be wrong but most ppl in this part of the forum here should have already been certified as divers. :P i think u might have better luck in Chit chat forum or the kopi forum :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Hi hammerhd and the rest of the pple

My fren has a shop of his own. anyway those who are interested pls let me know. so can start the course soon. if you would like other details you can contact him.

Anyway below is the summary of the course.

NAUI Scuba Diver course Tentative schedule

Classroom: 14 May (PM) and 15 May (AM)

Venue: Ayer Rajah Crescent

Pool: 21 May and 22 May (AM)

Venue: Outram Secondary School

Openwater training(Tioman): 27 May 730pm depart - Return 29 May Sunday 930pm

Cost fee: $450

Cost include

- 5 training dives

- NAUI Registration

- NAUI Internationally recognized certification card

- Training notes

- Log book and dive tables

- Instruction

- Usage of tanks and weights for the course

- Usage of Buoyancy compensator and regulator for the course

- Trip to Pulau Tioman

- Air Conditioned ferry transfer

- Air Conditioned attached bathroom with hot/cold shower

- Resort accommodation(Quad sharing)

- Full board meal

- Air Conditioned Coach transfer Singapore-Mersing-Pulau Tioman-Mersing-Singapore

Exclude personal rental of:

Mask, snorkel, fins, booties and wetsuit

Rainbow Reef Divers

Lendar Chew Poh Chang

NAUI #IT-17505

DAN #L2-0165

IANTD Advanced Nitrox Instructor #2500

ASHI First aid and CPR Instructor

IANTD Trimix Diver

Regards

Cheryl

hey, i also have lobang for diving lessons. about $280-$380 depending on where u wan ur dive trip to be. n yes.. its a clam.. :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
may be different dive courses!!!

there are normal scuba diving course and open water dive cert....................!!!

errr.. pardon me, what is the diff between normal scuba diving course n Open water cert? Aint they the same thing? Unless u talking abt Scuba Experience. Now if so, that make senses.

• SRC Member
Wow thats cheaper.. Could you Pm me the details and the persons number?His course is PADI or NAUI ?

Thanks

Hi Cheryl,

Personally, it does not matter to me whether u learn from PADI or NAUI or BSAC etc.. at the end of the day, as long as u learn the basic skills, master it and be comfortable underwater. U would have achieve ur objective.. and the cardinal rule of all, Practice Safe Diving.

Afterall, at the trips, we dun care which school u learn from, as long as u have the necessary certification to dive, u can dive. Underwater, we dun segregate divers according to their schools.

Some divers i know, they learn from all schools available;

eg: Open water from Naui

Advanced from Padi

DM from SSI

Just rem, all schools will teach u all the basic skills u need, at the end of the day, it is the deliverer of the syllabus (i.e, the instructors) that u will learn from and all the other additional skills like how to finetune ur buoyancy etc and how he/she deliver the msg to u...

Also, price should not be the factor that u look for in a dive package.. consider other issues.. i think i posted some in another thread recently. Do consider them.. the most impt personally is not the frills they throw out but the student: instructor ratio... anything less than 1:4 is less attention spent on u..

Hi Kelstorm

By the way my fren's lesson will only start when there is at least 2 pple.. and max pple will be 4. Actually i already quite decided on joining my fren's one as the ratio is between the instructor and the number of pple is small.. Not only that each lesson theory and pool will be 4 hrs each. thus there will be comprehensive training...

But then the only problem is to find pple to start the course.. :huh:

And of coz thanks for your info.. :D

Regards

Cheryl

:thanks: