Help!! Goby With White Spots!

• SRC Member

Hi guys, got a problem here. I've just bought a yellow rock goby today but have just discovered that it has white spots and the problem is that I've already ordered another pair of highfin goby to be collected tomorrow. I'm afraid that the white spots on the goby might spread to the other fishes (african clown and black rock goby) already in my tank and also the gobies that I'll be collecting tomorrow. Can anyone give me any advice on this? Should I take it out and treat it? And should I postpone the collection of my pair of highfin gobies? will the yellow goby in my tank (stable water condi) get well by itself or will the parasites go attack my other fishes? My tank is a 2 feet 65 litre tank. What should I do? Am at a loss here, Help!

:cry2::(

yo fren...

dun worry...

i'm not exactly an expert, but i have fish that HAD white spots before

3 things to do for you

1) remove the white spot fella

-try dipping into purifed fresh water for a while( i did it to my maroon clown before, it worked, white spots disappeared)

2)don't add any other fishes for the moment, just in case spread

3)best solution, if you have quarantine tank, get some medications and treat the fella...when he is ok then put him back, of cos dun get copper based ones, and dun add to main tank

experts out there can to help him?

• SRC Member

my tank kena white spots twice.... i find the most effective way is to

1. feed food soak with garlic

+

2. use Kent RxP with good protein skimmer (use on alternate day for at least 7 times)

2 weeks, it will be ok...but i must stress that u need a good PS else yr tank may not be able to take the bio load.

yo fren...

dun worry...

i'm not exactly an expert, but i have fish that HAD white spots before

3 things to do for you

1) remove the white spot fella

-try dipping into purifed fresh water for a while( i did it to my maroon clown before, it worked, white spots disappeared)

2)don't add any other fishes for the moment, just in case spread

3)best solution, if you have quarantine tank, get some medications and treat the fella...when he is ok then put him back, of cos dun get copper based ones, and dun add to main tank

experts out there can to help him?

hey putting the fish in freshwater dip will stress the fish more thus make it even more prone to ich............ What i do is place the fish immediately into a quarantine tank and moniter its condition closely and at the same time feed it with food soak with garlic solution............... IMo placed the fish there for ard 2 week to allow the ich to complete its life cycle.................... Hey dun add anymore fish ok :):)

IMO put this into the disease and treatment forum, and i bet you get better answer