My Jewel under stress?

chrisyew

• SRC Member

Guess I must be hand itchy trying to relocate the jewel here and there until now it won't opened up as fully as before.

When it's fully opened;

Jewel%20Opening%202.jpg

After relocating;

Jewel%202.jpg

Sometimes this stupid Yellow Goby will keep harassing my Jewel;

Jewel%203.jpg

When I first bought it, I can really see it slowly opening up in the afternoon onwards;

Jewel%20Opening.jpg

:(:(:(

• SRC Member

DOnt try to touch it again.

The more u move it ard the more stress it gets then soon it'll slowly die off...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
i believe ur jewel is bleaching ....

and observe if its slowly dying off.. :peace:

No an easy to keep coral, most will last a few months and will die off gradually, no one has come up with any concrete study on how to keep this beautiful coral successfully, it depends on your luck, some reefers tank can keep this coral for years while most reefers tank cannot, no specific reason(s) on either case.

• SRC Member

hi there, id recommend you check your ph, kh, and calcium. calcium is require for their growth but not for polyp extension. ive had my goniopora colony for about a year now and its growing a small bud colony already and ive realised that everytime my ph has been below 8 it tended to retract its polyps only to fully extend when ph is above 8, best 8.3, and kh is above 8dkh.

also, your colony is a branching goniopora species and not the half circle shaped non- branching ones so maybe you could try placing it higher on a rock or something closer to the lights. 10000k light spectrums will also aid photosynthesis, and oh, not too much water movement. they wont extend far out if they're tentacles are going to be swept about.