Acardia MH System

Marineman

• SRC Member

I had a 4 ft Acardia MH system, a few months ago one of my MH went off with the other still running, I switched the set off and switched on again after 15 minutes (to let it cool down first), both lights came on.

Afew weeks ago, the same thing happened and I just ignored it, I noticed that the MH came on again automatically and then after a while off again and the on again and so on. It's not the bulb or the timer for sure. I sent it back to the dealer and they could not pin point the problem as the MH was on all the time at their workshop. I took it back and now 10 days later the same problem arises.

Guys, any idea what's wrong with it? Ballast?

• SRC Member
Ghost in the machine :D

from your discription I am thinking it's the timer cos at the workshop it did not happened. have you tried running them w/o the timer for as long as it need before the auto switch off happened?

Same thing. I am very sure it is not the timer, even when the timer is on, it still happens (on/off) and the timer is working. Maybe when it gets too hot it goes off and once it cools down, it comes on again. This happens to only one bulb and it is not the bulb as I used the bulb for a temp replacement MH system and it works fine.