i found these things on my LR !!

angmoh

• SRC Member

just went to LFS and bought 2 kg of LR .. and i found these things !!

is this a coral ? if yes, what i shall do with it ? i only have a 10gal nano tank, with 2x 15W flouroscent white light ... and yes the tank is cycled.. if this is a coral what i shall do now ? get a blue actinic light or ? does this coral need to be fed calcium or ? please tell me more !

coral.jpg

another is this creature .. looks like a coconut tree ... what is this actually ? harmful to my tank ? i have one false percula and a few LR only ...

dunno.jpg

thanks !

>>

• SRC Member
just went to LFS and bought 2 kg of LR .. and i found these things !!

is this a coral ? if yes, what i shall do with it ? i only have a 10gal nano tank, with 2x 15W flouroscent white light ... and yes the tank is cycled.. if this is a coral what i shall do now ? get a blue actinic light or ? does this coral need to be fed calcium or ? please tell me more !

coral.jpg

another is this creature .. looks like a coconut tree ... what is this actually ? harmful to my tank ? i have one false percula and a few LR only ...

dunno.jpg

thanks !

First pic is a dying goniopora, most of them are already dead, it is a dead coral and not a LR as such.

Second pic, a feather duster, tough to keep, requires expert care and regular feeding of plamktonic food to survive.

• SRC Member

given the fragility and high mortality rate of the feather star, its surprising that this one has survived all the way to your place via that piece of LR.

I'm sure many reefers will be interested to adopt it if you think you are not able to substain it alive.

;)

• SRC Member

oh is it ? so fragile ar ? hehe

i just merely wan to buy a few pieces of LR ... never expect got so many FREE GIFT ... haha

ermmm .. but i'm in JB wor .. who want to come here and collect ?

and by the way.. how shall i deal with the coral ? since it's said to be half dead ... shall i remove it from the tank before it died and increase the ammonia in my tank ?

>>