haanZii

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thks for the compliment.... :paiseh:

wat to do, reefing is not a cheap investment...thus really have to go all out in getting things done at a low cost way. had bought all the stuff so must well make good use of it.. :angel:

Wish I could be like you bro... but I born with 2 left hands... so when it comes to DIY, I'm @#$%^&.... :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Wish I could be like you bro... but I born with 2 left hands... so when it comes to DIY, I'm @#$%^&.... :D

Hee Hee.. seems like I'm not the only one.. ;)

Usually end up creating a mess when I want to DIY something..

• SRC Member

heh heh.. :paiseh:

Just out of curiosity.. you took the shots of someone working on the stuff, or someone took the shots of you working on the stuffs?

Is this your workshop? Wow, I wished I have a playground like this.... :off:

bro, how's the md55 and beckett? is it up and ready? :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
...And it also helps if you have a workshop full of equipment to use! :lol::lol:

Great job! now we all know who to look for! :P

BTW, when you connecting your beckett?

heehee..

will hook up my beckette these 1 or 2 day. will kept posting the progress.

this is the pic on how i manage to diy the size 30 elbow with thread.

post-34-1118133999.jpg

• SRC Member
heh heh.. :paiseh:

Just out of curiosity.. you took the shots of someone working on the stuff, or someone took the shots of you working on the stuffs?

Is this your workshop? Wow, I wished I have a playground like this.... :off:

heehee..that me on the pic. my wife's the camera woman for all the work i've done. can't expect me to use a tripod right?? :(

it is not my workshop. it belongs to my wife's company. we ususlly go during weekend when her company is not in operation.heehee!!

anyway my wife's boss gave us permission to use the workshop..so just use it la.. :P

here is anyothe pic of the un glue parts.

post-34-1118134366.jpg

• SRC Member
bro, how's the md55 and beckett? is it up and ready? :lol:

not up yet. hopefully everything will complete by these few day. still doing a little MOD.

over the weekend while doing the diy elbow, i also did some other things. as my sump piping is completely wrong, i decided to seal off the existing 2 holes on my sump. so same thing, diy my glass. manage to use back 1 piece of my house display cabinet 5mm glass which broke a edge few weeks back. so now salvage it to cut 2 small pieces of glass to seal up my sump's unwanted holes.

here is the piece of glass.

post-34-1118134668.jpg

• SRC Member

another view with the glass cutter. seems pretty easy to cut the glass. as long as u know the tactic. it just plain simple job.

ok let me explain for those who intend to diy cut their glass.

first: u need a glass cutter of course. the u need 2 piece of wood like the one show below the pic.

second: u lay the glass flat on a surface, measurement the length that u want, with the wood on top on the glass, use the cutter to slice it firmly just once.( this is quite important, u need to hold yr cutter firm & when u slice on the glass, u must slice it at one go from start till the end, if not later the glass will not be able to be break properly.)

post-34-1118134810.jpg

• SRC Member
another view with the glass cutter. seems pretty easy to cut the glass. as long as u know the tactic. it just plain simple job.

care to teach us how??? i have the cutter, but can't seems to cut even 3mm glass.... :P always end-up having to go to the picture frame shop to get it cut.... :paiseh:

• SRC Member

after u slice the glass, place 1 piece of wood below the glass, put it as close as possible to the slice edge. then u place the other piece of wood on top of the glass also as close as to the slice edge.

post-34-1118135521.jpg

• SRC Member

now then place a piece of cloth over the glass.( this is mainly for safety purpose cause i'm afraid while i'm breaking the glass, the chips might fly up & hit into our eyes.) :angel:

once u r ready, press & hold firm yr left palm & gently surpress yr right palm.

post-34-1118135800.jpg

• SRC Member

here r all the fitting i've bought extra for the MOD to my sump....add up almost $60 bucks...heart pain. :pinch::(:unsure::blink:

post-34-1118136161.jpg

• SRC Member

here is a pic showing the equips i've purchase over last 2 week. 32"beckette with waste collector, seio m1100, md 55, hose pipes, carbon

post-34-1118136356.jpg

• SRC Member

now comes the hardest of all, as i need to redivert the piping, thus need to redrill 2 nos size20 holes & 1 no size30 hole on this sump.

all piping dismantled liao.

post-34-1118136519.jpg

• SRC Member

here comes the sump out of the cabinet on a trolly waiting to go for operation :yeah::yeah:

post-34-1118136606.jpg

• SRC Member

here is the tools that i'm gona use to drill the holes. together with the the diamond drill bit.( wonder is it real diamond......) :upsidedown:

post-34-1118136749.jpg

• SRC Member

feel rather pie sai as i'm doing all this noisy work just outside my main door during sunday..... :paiseh:

ok back to the drilling. water, sponge & cloth a must...

post-34-1118136993.jpg