Skimmer Configuration

Jenson

• SRC Member

:lol: finally got a macro as100 needle wheel skimmer!!

now follows another problem <_<

the macro is producing lots and lots of tiny bubbles and i dunnoe what to do!!

the instructions say the skimmer takes 3 days to stablilize BUT what happens after it stabilizes?

Can anyone help me out!!Anyone who had used a macro AS series before!

BTW. the pump is really REALLY big for my two feet tank any suggestions for replacement..?smaller pumps working at 1100L/hr??

Many thnX ppl :rolleyes:

Jenson

• SRC Member

Hey, bro.

Congrats, finally got your skimmer liao eh..

for small tank a macro is good. Just remember to clean the collection cup and neck area often to maintain max. performance and clean the pump periodically.

Let the skimmer run in for a few days and probably the micro bubble will be away. Maybe some ex macro users can share on tuning this macro for good performance

• SRC Member

bro Jenson,

I had used as100p on my 2 ft tank previously. Takes 2 to 4 days to stabilised.

It is really efficient. NH4, NO2 zero and NO3 <5.

I think one of the problem u will face is the massive bubbles produced by the skimmer. Get a sponge and wrapped the output of the skimmer. See Weipro design.

Noise might be a concern for you too. Extend the air hose and the noise will be softer. If u want total silence, get those wood diffuser (that is used in air driven skimmer) and plug it in the air hose.

One more thing, try to maintain the water/ bubble level at the red level when operating. This will provide optimium efficiency.

U can email /PM for any problem... glad to help... :D

post-69-1116382672.jpg

• SRC Member

ThnX clownfish, Neo inc, lester, hotlemond and especially steven!! :D for taking his time to help me put the arrow on the pic! :pinch: plus offering me help!

btw steven! do u feel that the macro pump is a little big for a 2 ft tank..?maybe some suggestions to hide/place it in the tank without making it look too obvious.>?Its a rio pump :D so i'm rather relectant to change iT..!!!hahax>..and once again:

MANY THNX tO ALL THAT OFEERED suggestions!! :bow:

• SRC Member
ThnX clownfish, Neo inc, lester, hotlemond and especially steven!! :D for taking his time to help me put the arrow on the pic! :pinch: plus offering me help!

btw steven! do u feel that the macro pump is a little big for a 2 ft tank..?maybe some suggestions to hide/place it in the tank without making it look too obvious.>?Its a rio pump :D so i'm rather relectant to change iT..!!!hahax>..and once again:

hi bro ... :D ...steven change to 4ft liao :D

• SRC Member

I guess the way is to push it to one extreme corner and use LR to block the pump from view. :D