how to get my boxfish to eat??

i bought a boxfish 3 days ago....tried pellets n hendry's food n the fella still not attracted to food leh..n keep swaying left n right how ar??can somebody help me?? :cry2:

This one is tricky, I kept alot of boxfish before and some of them like to just peck on rocks, some will eat the MS/BS that u feed, it's purely luck...

Juz make sure that all ur powerheads are well protected from the boxfishes, I los a few to these powerheads... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
:blink: I got a powerhead too... but my hovercraft boxfish seem to be fine .... and it still willing to be handfeed... :pinch: hmm dun wish to lose it too... it is simply too cute lolz hahaha :lol:

I used to have a Boxfish that can be spoonfed.... :D :D :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

how big is your boxfish?

mine so far for over 2 years seems reef safe but not tubeworm safe :lol:

not really that toxic...at least the stress of netting it out of the tank doesn't make it release enough toxinc to kill the tank :ph34r:

it eats most fish food especially meaty ones like market prawn, any frozen shrimps.

:lol: kekez agreed with chewlaoheng lolz. My hovercraft boxfish only pick on tiny tubeworm and normally will not especially when u feed it with prawn meat. Mine can be hand fed also haha :lol: at the moment it doing very well dun think it will die or stress out :P