Langkawi visit over the long weekend

kschew1498

• SRC Member

PULAU PAYA!!! :yeah: ......Snokeling!!!!......Wanted to buy a marine case for my camera but it was too expensive......$320..... <_< ....not unless I know how to dive...... :(

post-11-1117088888.jpg

• SRC Member

Another snokerling platform by Langkawi Coral Operator.......have to pay RM90 extra to use the facilities......+ Buffet lunch on the platform.....

post-11-1117089681.jpg

• SRC Member

Check out the amunt of Sargent Major ........

While snokerling, I was surprise to see Moorish Idol, Banner Fish, a 1m+ resident baracuda, tomato clown, different species of tiggers, huge blue face angel (I think) and best of all SHARK!!!!!.....Lots of them!!!! :yeah:

Corals.....Sigh!.......cannot fight with Tioman.....Tioman still the best for SPS.....

post-11-1117090111.jpg

• SRC Member

Too bad I dont have a underwater camera.....I was swimming with the shark......1m long!!!! :blink: .....I believe they are black tip shark!!!!........at least > 10 of them swimming so near to the shore.......

The snokerling operators were feeding them with left over from our lunch.....Fried Chicken Bone!! :lol:

post-11-1117090283.jpg

• SRC Member

What an experience!!! :yeah:

If you are daring enough.....I think you can even touch them......they really swim all the way to the shore......its probably like 3m from the beach!!!!! :lol:

post-11-1117090405.jpg

• SRC Member

I was totally Burn Out! :paiseh:

The snorkeling part was the most enjoyable part of this holiday!.......and the worst part.....bloody mosquito at night.....remember to bring insect repellant, mosquito coil, tiger balm oil.....whatever that can prevent from these suckers!!!! :angry:

(Am sketching my legs while typing..... <_< )

Thats all folks! :lol: Guess the next long week end will be only in August....sigh! <_<

post-11-1117090928.jpg

• SRC Member
chew,

Those looks like golden trevally rather than sergent majors.

thanks for sharing the pictures.

Oh really?! :paiseh: .......There were some big one.....guess you were referring to those?? :huh:

Anyway....my hand got bitten by the fishes when I was feeding them with bread....... :lol: ....and it was bleeding......straight my Mdm swim away form me....saying that I will attract Shark.....hahahhaa :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
nice.... :P

but looking at the pictures, there aren't much rock-life or sps huh?

Yes ...there isnt much.....only small pockets of SPS......

Tioman still have the best SPS!!! :lol:

• SRC Member
thanks bro.... been there twice. now third time. hahaha.......

Wah piangz. :bow: .....was wondering what make you want to return to the same place?

Honestly I wouldnt want to go back there again.......unless its free......or I can affort those 5-6 star resort stay......

• SRC Member

Reply:

1) snorkel

Other than Pulau Paya?? Recommendation??

2) the island tours + scenery

Agree, I didnt have time to go to the mangrove tour <_<

3) everthing there cheap

Agree especially food

4) the road side tom yum

Agree especially the night market (pasa malam at Kuah Town)

5) the road side gorang pisang

hehe....I dont like banana.... :paiseh:

6) good place to idle.

Totally agree

7) best place to buy' tongkat ali' - malay version of ######.

hehe I dont need la.....

Well....its just that you need to fly there.....or drive >12 hours to catch a ferry to the island.....quite far I must say..... :lol: .....on the whole.....nice place to relax. ;)

• SRC Member

great pics, i was bitten too when feeding the fishes.

thanks for sharing man.

miss that place, brings back memories

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||