Ich on my fishes, pls help ..

• SRC Member

I did not use carbon but I did use the ammonia/nitrite supplement to reduce the waste level. The water is quite clear too. I didnt turn on the

skimmer as the medication will cause the water to over flow into the cup.

Now one butterfly, the big one is dying, as the color fades very terribly, I know it is going away. Only hope the other one is fine. I really didnt know is there something wrong with the water. Hai. A tragic day.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i faced this problem before when i was newBB reefer...... I also tried to dose medication, but but but,,,.... honestly, very difficult to cured them. 90% confirm would say "tata" to me. :(

After i used the UV light then it is really help to get rid of Iches in my tank. :lol: You may try lol.

Btw, sounds like your water is in the crisis stage. Why not restart the water circle?

Today 10th day, dose ecolibrium, so far so good. All fishes look ok and the blue tang had no sign of ich. The purple tang look great. Will continue to dose on the 13th day to complete the course. This sun 10% water change and put the skimmer back and carbon in the sump.

Hopefully the ich will be under control. Will give them plenty of garlic soak food.

Cheers

:rolleyes:

• SRC Member
... they are starting to breath difficultly though the water condition is good. ....

bro you got your test kits yet???? how can you tell if the condition is good??? how do you prepare your hypo treatment?? do you montior the PH??? do you buffer your water etc.....

also notice you mention the fishes breath very fast.....what is your strategy for oxgenating your waters?????

hypo treatement is good, but without a good understanding of the parameters of your water its akin to doing a hospital operation without first earning your doctor degree...... :P ....maybe an experinece bro who have succesfully done hypo can help you with that....

anyway, keep up the effort and keep us updated..... :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi tineng, the water is used is from the quarantine tank, it help the butterfly to recover once. The two butterfly passed away liao. One big one is two days ago, the other one is today, actually I can see that it is not doing well. Maybe partly because it didnt eat.

The picaso is still in the quarantine tank, can tell that it wont die, this hungry eater will survive because it is always eating away, maybe thats why can fight the ich. The ich seem to disappear already. Now I will continue to quarantine this last survival, quite sure it will make it to the end. The other 2 butterflies fish died already. Think I wont get any butterflies for now because it just stop eating.

Like you said, the choc chip star fish is also eating well by itself in the main tank, looks quite healthy.

I should say the hyposalinity should be ok, as picaso fish didnt die. Oh by the way, in the quarantine tank, I put the pimafix and melafix medication into the water, it also didnt work much. But picaso fish become whiter in color, but it is still ok. :)

I think after the 6 - 8 weeks, I will give up the picaso and starfish. feel quite sad to see big fishes die so tragically. :(

:( Brother so sorry to heard about your fishy all hit by ich... my batfish also get hit by ich but it recover soon and the rest of my fishy is fine... now all in new tank doing very well. The garlic soaked method work very well for my fish... Hope your fish will be better... :peace: for u.

Brother another advice is if the fish react well to the garlic method dun put it in medication... alway use the natural way that what I think la... cuz medication we cannot be sure alway... :fear:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi bros, I am back. My battle with white spot is "HAI", heavily casualties.

Casualty:

1. 4" Maroon jumped out of the tank and dried. (I think it is irritated and jumped).

2. 1.5" false clown passed on suffering. (Too weak)

3. 4.5" very beautiful butterfly. (Cannot eat, then become too weak and died).

4. 3.5" very beautiful butterfly. (Cannot eat, then become too weak and died).

5. 4" bannerfish. (I think it is irritated, went into the skimmer and got stucked, I

broke the skimmer, rescued it but it got eaten by choc star the next day.

Alive and well:

1. 3.5" Picasso trigger. (Still eating away, lonely)

2. 5" Choc star. (Still eating away)

I decided to throw away the tank as it got abit crack too, and dried the sands and live rocks to kill everything inside, because I realised after 6 weeks, I put in some picasso, I saw white spot appearing again.

I went to the fish shop and saw beautiful butterfly, very tempted to try again but "NO" for the time being until I get a 3ft tank to transfer the sands and rocks.