8 more days to release of fishes

• SRC Member

Ok, as you guys know, I have left my tank fallow since 12 Apr... and my fishes are in quarantine receiving copper treatment... carbon absorption and water replacement has been done to lower copper levels in QT tanks. Fishes were also fed with a mix of cyclopeeze, mysis, Ocean nutrition pellets, nori, prawn roes which are soaked in pure beta glucen (10mg), vitamin C as well as garlic to boost their immunity...

So what's gonna happen over the next 8 days?

Well, this is what I have planned to ensure I kill off all ich remnants in the main tank...

1) Tee-off for UV steriliser (6x) running at trickle rate (to kill parasites). New 19 watt bulb. Oh yeah, previously was connected to FR but separate them so UV got dedicated slower flow rate of its own. FR still running through powerhead.

2) Siphoning the substrate at the bottom and doing 10% water change every two days since last week.

3) Lastly, Got 5 bottles of waterlife myaxzin which I will administer over the next 4 days in the main tank.... :evil::evil::evil:

post-21-1117815780.jpg

• SRC Member
The theronts (free swimming) stage last for abt 24hrs and after that if they can't find a host they will die off. Leaving your main tank fishless 8 weeks is good enough, no need to waste $$$.

Thanks bro... Haha.... I know it sounds a bit kiasu... but I am not taking any chances... ;)

All it takes is one virulent remaining ich and my earlier efforts are gonna be wasted.

I was considering the cost of the myaxzin as compared to what happens if all my fishes died on me again like the previous time (due to ich)... :lol: Technically, the boss gave me a very good discount when I bought all the five bottles. The total cost for the five bottles was cheaper than my one single watanabei angel alone... ;) So the cost is well-weighted. ;)

Also thinking of extending the fish QT period for another 2 weeks to be extra sure.... hehe...

• SRC Member
wanna kiasu further, u can run more UV units :lol:

I am running 3pcs of 36W turbotwister 12x for 108W of UV ich-blasting action :P

long overdue to change bulbs already but so far no major outbreak and the UV tubes are still functioning (although less effective since past 1 year already) :D

Wah..... like that your denitrifying bacteria also kena fry... :lol:

As for Ozone, I am considering.... since I am using AquaC-EV240 as skimmer which has an ozone inlet pipe.

BTW, roidan, how you connect your 3 UV together? Out of curiousity...

All from one single pump? What is the flowrate you used? I heard it has to be real slow (200 gallons and below) for it to be effective against parasites...

UV No.1, I tee off my return pump with a valve to control the flow...

UV No.2/3 each has its own eheim 1250 pushing water through. Max flow of 1250 is around 1200l/hr, but due to long hose length i used, actual flow will be less than 1000l/hr.....

beneficial bacteria mainly live in the sandbeds/rocks, so adding a 1KW UV will not harm the established bacteria population already there in the sandbed/liverocks :)

I used ozone way way back, but i am not comfortable with it, that's why stopped using ;)

I am planning to use 4 x 36W turbotwister for my next tank, 2 loops each with an eheim 1250. Each 1250 will feed the first UV unit which will then feed the 2nd UV unit before returning water to the system :P

• SRC Member

Fallow period extended for another month for doubly-kiasuism... :lol::D

Sorry fishes, you have to remain in QT for another month

• SRC Member

Wah! You're really not taking any chances are you? Really admire your patience and commitment to ensuring the best for your fish. :D

How're your fish doing in the Q-tank anyway?

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)