how to identify a male mandarin fish ?

• SRC Member

the only way to tell male from female is the doral fin

female dont have a long dorsal fin

MandarinPair1.jpg

thats a male as u can see the long dorsal fin like a needle lol

its amazing the dance of the dragnets when they mate

i have only got to seen a few times since when they did at the place where i did work exp they did just as the lights went out

are u going to try raise the fry or u didnt get the eggs ....

• SRC Member
I have seen them fight in a LFS, locked jaw. If you want 2, get a male and female.

Erm, ironically it was my male mandarin that was whacked to death by my female. Now I have 1 spotted and 1 scooter dragonet, but both are females. :shock: Perhaps I should get another female and see if it survives. :evil:

:off:

MC: No need to stroke to ID the gender lah. If u are handsome enough, you will be able to attract the females to you without doing anything one. But if nothing happens, I guess you are not handsome enough. :eyebrow:

Erm, ironically it was my male mandarin that was whacked to death by my female. Now I have 1 spotted and 1 scooter dragonet, but both are females. :shock: Perhaps I should get another female and see if it survives. :evil:

:off:

MC: No need to stroke to ID the gender lah. If u are handsome enough, you will be able to attract the females to you without doing anything one. But if nothing happens, I guess you are not handsome enough. :eyebrow:

:lol: kekez stroke topic again ;) Oh seriously need to release one of the mandarin fish any taker ? :pinch: They are fighting which is not a good to either one... plus the other one alway run up the water surface scare sooner or late it may try to kamikaze... :sick:

:lol: kekez stroke topic again ;) Oh seriously need to release one of the mandarin fish any taker ? :pinch: They are fighting which is not a good to either one... plus the other one alway run up the water surface scare sooner or late it may try to kamikaze... :sick:

ask shin how to traIN the dragonet lah. lol :lol:

then can mating liao!!!! :evil: hahaha!

juz joking!!! :D