Ocean Runner Pump

dt8666

• SRC Member

Looking on the spec for this pump and seems promising. Can help to advise on the followings:

- any one can share the experience

- the output really that good at 6500 l/h

- can advise the selling price here

- who is the agent for singapore

- can this effective replace 2 x Eheim 1262 and yet provide more flow? IE T-off to 2. Assuming a height of 1.5M with about 4 angle piping.

thanks for the expert advise.

Aquamedic is a good pump. U can check with our sonsors, bio ocean, which carries OR6500. Price is about $400 plus minus, can't remember the exact.

The wattage is low

Doesn't generate much heat

In or Out sump pump.

Eheim 1262 is 3500l/r x2 means got 7000l/hr. sld be more powerful than a single or6500, but of cuz wattage higher.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

I recommend external air-cooled pumps - better head pressure too and cheaper compared to ORs. Look for Iwaki or Resun (cheaper China versions).

I think the OR pumps are overpriced and poorly supported from my experience. I have gone thru 2 OR pumps and they failed on me after a very short time. That is my personal experience.

• SRC Member
Just redo it. A hole in the sump or a new sump is little cost compared to the choice of pump and running costs.

Thanks.

you know who can do it and how much it will cost to make two "lobang" with proper connecting pipe?

:thanks:

• SRC Member
Try this number

cheers :D

:thanks: thanks bro.

so potential next move: anyone have good lobang on external pump like Red Dragon or Iwaki?

Need to be quiet and efficient. :peace: and reliable... hope not asking too much..

Usage: as total return to tank that I estimated need about around 2500 l/h after all the head lost. the height is about 1.75m, about 5 90 degree pipe and with check valve.

any one can recommend the pump model? :upsidedown:

Iwaki MD-55 sounds alright for you. Resun MD55 is the cheaper alternative - tradeoff is more heat.

Red Dragons are EXTREMELY expensive.... and limited in stock locally. These are from Germany.

• SRC Member

Iwaki seems to have many version of pump like MD MX etc. even within MD, also have other variance like MD-R/M etc...

how to select the right one? who is the local agent here? any estimated price can share?

Cheers!

Iwaki seems to have many version of pump like MD MX etc. even within MD, also have other variance like MD-R/M etc...

how to select the right one? who is the local agent here? any estimated price can share?

Cheers!

Iwaki MD seriesbPDF catalogue, click here.

forget the local agent, the price u get from HK is much cheaper. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

If you have 2xEheim 1262, then use them. These are some of the best pump money can buy and guarantee to run for years to come. Spare parts are readily available. Especially 2 pump is better than 1. In case of 1 pump fail, you still have a backup.

For the 5x90 degrees bend, try to use 2x45 degrees instead of 1x90 degrees joint and this will improve the flow significantly.

• SRC Member

Thanks.

you know who can do it and how much it will cost to make two "lobang" with proper connecting pipe?

:thanks:

Hi Bro, where do you stay? You may try Oasis from farmart at CCK, look for Kenny, he is nice guy. Recently I have just sent one of my spare 2ft tank to mod as a sump tank. Got them to drill 2 holes & added a few partitions in it. Reasonable price. :peace:

I do have a pump call Mebner from Germany. Anyone heard of it? Do PM me if you are interested. :rolleyes: