Tank transfer

• SRC Member

My new tank has been cycling for 1 month. I have checked the water perameter....ammonia clear, N02 clear and N03 30mg/l.

I believe my new tank is ready for LS and corals. Right? I did Plenum System on the new tank, rocks landscaping done, skimmer running and wavemaker on. Necessary equipment in place except chiller and MH which is being utilize on the old tank. I have transfer my sea urchin, brittle starfish and leather corals....they are doing fine.

Can someone with experience give advice with transfering stocks from old thank to the new one. And also, when should I transfer the equipments like chiller and MH to minimize stress on the LS and corals. Can I transfer all of them at one go?

Many thanks for contributions

:thanks:

• SRC Member

i think he meant acclimatising them to the new water/temp. Same way how you get the newly bought LS into your old tank.

I believe you ought to do it slowly cos of the greater tempaerature difference with the old tank still on chiller. I lost one of my cleaner shrimp while doing that.

Congrats on your new tank :D

• SRC Member

I might transfer in 30% water from old tank..... the chiller and MH today or tomorrow. Then I also transfer some of my good expensive corals when the chiller temperature kicks in. I only introduce my fishes few days later and use frozen ice mineral h20 bottle to bring down temperature in old tank. Im sure the fishes can tahan temperature 30-32*C for few days.

What your opinion????? :huh::eyebrow::thanks:

• SRC Member

for fishes you might want to make use of the opportunity to do a QT maybe even a Hypo on them (if you have kenna ich before).....this will also allow the 'stuff' in your new tank to grow and multiple in peace and reach a critical mass before becoming food for your fishes....;)

Cash converter has tons of cheap tanks that you can us for QT...to start the QT quick you can just use your old tank water....after that can throw these tanks aways also not so heart pain.....