NKF's administration brought to public scrutiny

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

What was thought to be a can of caviar turned out to be a can of maggots when opened. Looks like what we are seeing is only the tip of an iceberg. It is getting more complex, as there is definitely more than meets the eyes!!!!

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I suggest we all stop donating to NKF for the time-being. The patients can still be taken care for the next 30 years with the reserve, provided it is still intact. Hopefully the drastic decrease in donation will send a strong message to them that we are not idiots or carrots and its time for them to clean up their act. If nothing is done and Du*** continues to enjoy life on our money, then forget it.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

What an attitude this CEO has. from the transcipt, he sounds real shifftyand not trustworthy. :blink: definitely keen to know what the rest of the board and mgt staff are getting.

:huh: cancelled my monthly donation! feel real disgusted with their repeated attempts to defend their misinformation and false declaration of stats/status using dubious criterias to mislead.

i will donate to the children cancer society instead. it is manned mostly by volunteers (retirees and some well intentioned individuals who give up their time to help)and small management staff. goal to help/spend time with those young kids during their hospital treatment. no discrimination there, kids of all nationalities. i know cause i hav been there (cancer ward KKH). all are struggling for their lives. :eyeblur:

rdgs.

• SRC Member

assuming that each patient requires $2k for dialysis each month,

His salary package of $550K would have enable 275 patients to undergo Dialysis treatment each month.

If due to their "stringent" screening policies, and only 1 out of 275 patients get to undergo dialysis, that patient would be able to undergo dialysis for the next 275 months, almost 23 yrs!!!! :blink:

He should resign, if not, sacked and NKF funds management need to be audit... i think more skeletons in the closet will be found...

wonder does this considered as mistrust.. any lawyers out there??

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Can there be a petition to bar NKF from any fundraising activities for say next few years until the reserved fund dropped to say 30% and after proper auditing ?

The way....Mrs Goh put it...makes me mad

Indeed.

"What the fuss all about!"??? FUSS? For rich people, is not a fuss, but for someone with only $1000 to $2000 earning per month. IT IS A REAL FUSS.

With CEO earning few hundred thousands annually for managing a few hundred millions is peanuts. But For a not-for-profit organisation, is REALLY ALOT.

• SRC Member

Of course they must support him. He gives them their bonus right? Now we can guess how much they got from him...ha ha ha

sob sob...my money, our money!

• SRC Member
Of course they must support him. He gives them their bonus right? Now we can guess how much they got from him...ha ha ha

sob sob...my money, our money!

If it's gonna get a negative response from the public and government, it's gonna be a butt-kicking day .... :yeah:

• SRC Member

Indeed.

"What the fuss all about!"??? FUSS? For rich people, is not a fuss, but for someone with only $1000 to $2000 earning per month. IT IS A REAL FUSS.

With CEO earning few hundred thousands annually for managing a few hundred millions is peanuts. But For a not-for-profit organisation, is REALLY ALOT.

three cheers for "davinder singh"!! :D

let see how they fare in coming years...i agreed with you pple...how can she put it in this way.... :angry: we are not very rich leh....we need toi survive and still need to donate to charity groups as goodwill...but in return, giving them $$ to spend lavishly...with 6 cars....all road tax etc etc covered by NKF? who is *expletive* IS he?

come on, THESE IS CHEATING!!! IM !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*( of NKF!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: @#$%^&*()@#$%^&*()_@#$%^&*() CB!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

*expletive* OFF LAH T.T!!!!!!!!!!

I was approached to donate through my Credit Card Acounts during one of those "Health Check" back in 2000.

They told me that I have high blood cholestrol and high blood pressure and that I may risk kidney failure. They told me that since I am healthy now, I should care for the sick and if I were to be sick the rest will do the same to me.

Thinking that I may one day be a kidney patient, I decides to danate using my Credit Card Account.

I decides not to donate after I went for a complete health check in a private hospital and found that I was neither suffering from High Blood or High Cholestrol. When I called them up, the NKF staff told me that their checks are just indicative and may not reflect my actual conditions as such we should not hold it against them.

I told them that I do not wish to donate anymore and ask them for the forms to cvancel my donation.

I waited, called them, waited. It ding-dong for 1 year plus until my card expired. Immediately I received a thick envelope telling me that they could not deduct money from my card and always all those sad stories featured in their shows.

I decides to ignore it as I am disspointed at how they handled me when I wanted to cancelled my donation - they made me feel like I am create a big crime and did not fax or even send me the cancellation form when I requested.

By when my card expires, they send me beautify thick envelopes of pleas, this I am sure most donors will know are printed in full colours with the highest quality papers and finished with embossing.

And the best is that its been 3 years and every couple of months, I still receieve their plea. What I do understand is that they are willing to spend $8-9 worth of printed materials to pursure a monthly $5 contribution! To me it just does not add up.

I think NKF will go down Singapore history as the most Successful and Lucrative business model!

Perhaps, we should throw away our BBAs or MBAs and start learn from Durai. Perhaps Bill Gates or Lee Kar Shing is not so smart after all.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

This thread move too fast, i am not sure if this has been posted or read by readers here.

Check out the news by Sharon Loh.

http://www.asiaone.com.sg/st/st_20050713_328263.html

NKF falsely declare that its reserve could only last 3 years.

as a matter of facts their reserve could last 30-40 years wihout any donation.

Public keep on donating knowing that funds might run dry but in fact Durai is worried that he does not get enough bonus so he hide the truths.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

Like we said, this might only be the tip of the ice-berg. They way he shashay in court throws doubt on his moral integrity. How can people like that be trusted with millions of public funds?

Things that he lied / or withheld info:

1. Reserve lasting only 3 years (maybe true because he included his bonus)

2. His directorship in other private organisations.

3. His salary and bonuses

4. His first class travels

5. The number of patients under NKF care.

6. The 8 chaffuered cars owned by NKF for mgt use

7. Gold tap and fittings.

• SRC Member

According to its 2003 audited financial statement, it spent $31.6 million that year on dialysis and transplantation. Of that amount, $22.9 million came from dialysis fees it collected from patients and a further $1.5 million came from other related income.

So NKF was out of pocket by only $7.2 million, noted Mr Davinder Singh, who was acting for SPH.

He asked Mr Durai: 'If you stopped all fundraising activities and concentrated purely on treating kidney patients, the NKF can continue for at least another 30 years without raising a single cent. True or false?'

Mr Durai initially disagreed, saying that no one could be sure patients would continue to pay their share for the treatments. But he finally agreed that NKF's assertion that the reserves would last only three years was 'not accurate'.

'It is not accurate; in other words, it is false?' asked Mr Singh.

'Yes,' said Mr Durai.

He told the court that this impression had never been corrected.

'We always took the point that if the patients do not pay the moneys for dialysis, the reserves would last only for three years. That is the way we answered the public,' he said.

But Mr Singh noted that even if the NKF had to foot the entire dialysis bill of $31.6 million a year, its current reserves of $262 million would last more than eight years.

He suggested that there was a 'conspiracy', a 'deliberate strategy' to create a false impression of need so that NKF would get more money, a suggestion Mr Durai rejected.

Mr Durai also denied that his performance bonus was linked to the amount of donations NKF received.

Mr Singh then asked him why he would not come clean on the matter.

'The money is for the people,' said Mr Durai.

'And your taps,' retorted Mr Singh.

The more I read The more I fume!!!!!WTF

Bloody audcious bas****!!

• SRC Member

See how long they can support him if he continue ###### the funds into his pocket as donation from public drops. Maybe he will just reject some patients. sigh