Artica Chiller

Clownfish Lover

• SRC Member

Hi there,

I'm looking for an Artica chiller. Anyone have got lobang for this or any feedback concerning this brand? Heard that it is very silent. My Resun is getting noisy & recently pai liao. Thanks.

:D

• SRC Member

Price is on the high side but a good chiller. Noise level is the quietest so far on 4 chiller that I have used so far. Yes, within less than 1yr tried that many chiller just to see how each performing and also due to size.

No nonsense issue on this chiller so far.

I may be downgrading to another Artica so may let go my Artica 1/3 soon.

Let me know if you keen.

Cheers!

• SRC Member
:D i've compare arctica 1/4hp & teco tw6 i find teco is better. it bring doen 2 deg c in 1h 10min when metal head light is on it take 1.5h.

If u are keen in buying a new teco TW 6 i got lobang for good price pm me

thanks Gods Angel77 for sharing this.

Just a query, was the Teco a 1/4 too when it was compared to the Arctica? Cos i haven't been able to know a Teco well.

• SRC Member

I'm using 1/5 Artica (up to 800l) for my 4footer.

din really take any timing, but it does not take very long

to cool down 2 degrees ... i garge using the "hot" air expel

when the chiller is running.

in terms to noise level, it is very quiet .. A+++

cheers

• SRC Member

I have both Daeil 1/3hp and Teco chiller 1/4hp. My personal experience, in term of noise, Daeil is more quiet. Daeil temperature is more precise +/-0.3C, Teco is +/- 2C. Cannot compare in terms of cooling efficiency as it is of different hp :lol: .

• SRC Member

yeap...Daeil or Artica is the way to go....my 1/4HP uses only 200w (without considering the fan) on a 4.5 footer....i have about 600w of lights and 200w of pump!!!!

for teco i did get because it offer a +-2 degree temperature control...IMHO not good enough for my SPS.....:)

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
Why not try Pacifc Coo chiller...reasonably price, good support & best performance ! ;)

:rolleyes: User

why not take the Pacifc Coo chiller and run it side by side with artica and see how gd it is..

my artica can keep my tank at 27degree with only run time of 20~45min max only..

• SRC Member

to be fair, I use both Artica and PC and both are good.

Artica run time shorter also due to setting of 0.9 degree while most of the time PC setting is 2 degree.

You should try to set the PC at 1 degree cut off to see the run time.

However, Artica uses Titanium coil so may be more effective in heat transfer but price is double.

So the choice is dependent on budget and expectation.

My 2 cents is ask yourself the followings:

- chiller size

- budget

- looks of the chiller

- running cost - ie electricity and warranty.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
However, Artica uses Titanium coil so may be more effective in heat transfer but price is double.

Bro, this statement is not true.

Copper has much higher heat transfer coefficient compared to Titanium.

In other words, copper is a much better heat conductor than Titanium, hence a better candidate for use as heat exchanger materials. One reason why Titanium is used is the corrosive nature of our salt water; the need to use additional material to isolate copper from contacting with tank water, which some how compromise its heat conductivity a little (depends on material use), etc. (I am not expert in this area though :paiseh: )

My 2 cents. :peace:

• SRC Member

Bro, this statement is not true.

Copper has much higher heat transfer coefficient compared to Titanium.

In other words, copper is a much better heat conductor than Titanium, hence a better candidate for use as heat exchanger materials. One reason why Titanium is used is the corrosive nature of our salt water; the need to use additional material to isolate copper from contacting with tank water, which some how compromise its heat conductivity a little (depends on material use), etc. (I am not expert in this area though :paiseh: )

My 2 cents. :peace:

You are quite right but the artica uses helix titanium coil. :lol:

• SRC Member
Can i check on the HP of both chiller that you have used? What about the noise level ? Thanks.

Any idea if Artica 1/3 HP is as efficient as PC 1/2 or PC 3/4 HP ?

too bad that i do not have apple to apple comparison on PC vs Artica as I use 1/2h PC and 1/3h Artica.

From my usage, i think PC do provide the value for money while Artica go easy to your living room. The new PC do looks better now so it is not a bad choice.

For noise, may be Artica slightly quieter but then again it is a 1/3h vs 1/2h. For a higher price, you also get 2yrs warranty on Artica so choice is very much depends on your preference:

- better looking??

- running cost vs acquisition cost?

- heat generated?

- budget?

I may be wrong on the heat exchanger on which is more efficient. so you may like to get more infor from the reefer here or consult other aircon expert.

just to share my experience.

• SRC Member

Guys below is my personal feeling.

No offend please....

Daeil is so much cheaper than Artica for the Aquarium model.

Why should we pay for Artica when they are indeed the same products ?

I bought Daeil 1/3 HP for $1600 and for Artica, I was quoted $2200-2400.

I cant remember the exact price quoted at that time but i was shocked on the difference. I was asking the shop why ?

His reply = I dont know le, that is the price we get.

The commercial unit 1/2 HP price diff only 200, so it is not so bad.

1/2 HP Daeil = 1800

1/2 HP Artica = 2000 I think it is about that price.

BUT Why do i have to pay 600 diff for 1/3 daeil and 1/3 Artica.

So what if artica give 1 more year warranty but with this 600 if anything goes wrong i prefer to use this 600 to buy new unit of new chiller.

May be the Artica 1/3 price has drop now cause i saw some reefer posting on the forum about his lobang on cheap artica.

FYI, Artica 1/3 HP in HK is selling SG$1400

Now comparing 1600 Daeil and PAcific Coo 1/2 Chiller.

How much diff are you paying ?

I am not sure about pacific coo price but if it is 200-300 diff, I would prefer stick to Daeil.

My first chiller = Teco 1/4 HP.

I think I pay 1200-1400

Second chiller = RR 1/2 HP

I paid 1050

3rd chiller 1/3 Daeil = 1600

Imagine how much money was wasted.

I wish I get to know about Daeil when I start this hobby.

LEARN from my expensive experience.

You can follow that footstep if you can afford or else stick to Daeil.

:P

• SRC Member

Fully agree with Sugi. i go thru expensive "testing" on chiller as well.

Artica OEM the engine and design from Daeil, from theory, it should be the same thing. But I read from some review in the forum saying some diff on Daeil vs Artica.

Anyway, with that price delta, Daeil should be a good start. But also the warranty is one year vs two years. so much data, you should look at what is important to you.

BTW, i may be selling my 1/3 Artica if you are interested.

• SRC Member
...LEARN from my expensive experience.

You can follow that footstep if you can afford or else stick to Daeil.

Fortunately i heed your advice and i AM Happy Customer now..

Cheers to Daeil

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Opps. i forgot to add that My daeil Chiller have an ADDITIONAL feature that was installed FOC.

It has an additional Electric cable...(not an electrical engineering student so forgive my terms used)

Once the chiller start to run..i mean the fan start to move and generate heat, my external fan (Pansonic) will also run thus drawing the hot air out of the window.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.