Frogfish setup~~

Hi to all......iam a new member here n im crazy for those frogfish......i need to ask some ques before i strt to make tank setup for frogfish......

~Do Frogfish need a lots of LR or jus a number of them?... :thanks:

~"~Navigator~"~

• SRC Member
Hi to all......iam a new member here n im crazy for those frogfish......i need to ask some ques before i strt to make tank setup for frogfish......

~Do Frogfish need a lots of LR or jus a number of them?... :thanks:

~"~Navigator~"~

hi bro ...

Welcome to SRC :D

great to know another lover for frogfish :D....

hmmm IMO.. try to copy their natural env ....... :D.. dun reali need lots of liverocks.. but a few hiding places can do ... :D

post-69-1119613379.jpg

post-69-1119661434.jpg

cheers :D

• SRC Member

Bro Navigator...sorry to hijack your thread. I happen to saw a frogfish at a LFS and fall in love. Bought it.....

Bro lester.... could i check with you what does a frogfish eat??? I tried to feed him with fresh market prawn but he doesn't seems to eat.

Do you know where can i get other nice colourful frogfish. I saw a orange one at LCK110 but not for sale leh.....

• SRC Member
Bro Navigator...sorry to hijack your thread. I happen to saw a frogfish at a LFS and fall in love. Bought it.....

Bro lester.... could i check with you what does a frogfish eat??? I tried to feed him with fresh market prawn but he doesn't seems to eat.

Do you know where can i get other nice colourful frogfish. I saw a orange one at LCK110 but not for sale leh.....

hi bro ...

u got to train ur frog to take frozens.... like that it will be more hassle free... for me itry mixing.. sometime frozens , some timelive meaning gost shrimp..

btw wat type of frog did u purchase?? care to post a pic of it.. :D

the price of the frogfish depend also... some cost a few hurdreds some only a few dollars.. i normally visit lfs and when i happen to spot one then i like then i buy... :P. u can try coral farm.. waikai, pasir farm etc just to name a few

hope it helps

cheers :D:paiseh:

• SRC Member
Can anybody teach me how to display the picture instead of only attachment?

Convert to jpg file then attach lor..... ;)

Bro Lester...tanx for the welcome......haha :lol: ...hmmm ic so more to thier natural habitat ok....so which frogfish is gd for starter?

• SRC Member
Bro Lester....

The one i bought is exactly the same as the piece in your photo. Yellow angler.

It was bought a Pasir Ris. Cost me $12...

He is very cute....always daydreaming...then fall left fall right....

Looking to buy a orange one.

Also a white with red spot

hi bro ...Wa.. that is a nice froggy.. :D... hmm for the price too ... actualy been looking for some frog fish too.. but no luck.. mind telling me which shop at pasir ris ??? thanks:...

actually my is a white one .. :P

but one word of cautions.. dun keep too many in a small tank.. cos they will grow up some day.. and sice they are meat eater.. they produce lots of waste.. therefore be sure u got ur "good" skimmer working.. also check water parameter,,, plus frequent water changes.... :)

BTW how big is urs ??? mine is around 3in . dun get too small one cos from my experience.. small one usually dun make it.. cos of their feeding habit.. but after u become more experience with it.. no problems since u are still new to the fish.. my advise to you is try getting better size one say 2~ 3 in one ... :P

• SRC Member
Bro Lester...tanx for the welcome......haha :lol: ...hmmm ic so more to thier natural habitat ok....so which frogfish is gd for starter?

hmmm as for which one.. hmm i also dunno lei :P try the cheaper ones ??? :P hehe die also not so heart pain :P

well actually it is better to read more and ask around before reali commit to buy one .. :P

:P

• SRC Member
hey lester any news about that fat female ?

hi bro ... which fat female ???/ :P hehe

hmm the fat female after dispatch the egg drafts two times.. ( i suspect more ) ... now stomach not so sollow liao.. i threw away the eggs .......... :).........

doing ok.. eveyday walk there walk there in the tank ... :lol:

• SRC Member
wat a waste i would of love to see baby frog fish swiming around :P

well good luck with this tank :D

:thanks:

hehe... wat to do :P... no guy for her yet ........ :D.... the eggs looks like jelly ....

hmm maybe will pick up a hamdsome guy for her .. hehe

• SRC Member
tiny tiny little froggy hahha..Bro Lester hw to knoe which one is male n female? :huh:

hi bro ..

. hmmm to tell you the truth .. i also not sure... it just that my one lay lots og eggs.. therefore i know it a she... :P :P hehe

but i rem someone posting about the sexing of frogfish.. can't seems to find it ... will try again :D

• SRC Member
hahahah.....do you knoe which shop(eastern part of singapore)sell frogfish?

hmmm this one u got to find lobang king... acidjazz.. sorry i stay in the west so normally i would just look arounf near the west but sometimes when happen to be in the east .. lucky see it then buy :P

hmm how about if u see it in the east u inform me.. i see it in the west i inform u .. k ...???

do pm me ur hp if interested ...

• SRC Member
i was thinking to do a frog fish setup i saw one in the lfs a couple of day ago it said "koreon frog fish" and it was PINK like hot pink but very small maybe i go buy it :P

I ALSO WANT >>> !!!! :D :D :D :D

Hey Bro Synanceia ur Frogfish look ###### man :P hahahhaha....Bro lester i live in the east(bedok area) sori to tell u theres oni one shop(at bedok)tat sell marine stocks hahahhaha :P but the last time i saw one frogfish they bring in the body features was lyk tat of srawled filefish..hahahha small size but sold oredi hahahah....sure if u see ani ###### frogfish at the west do inform me or pm hahahha :D