What should be done during

Can someone advice what is a proper cycling process. Do you need to do the following

1) How much light is required per day during the tank cycling process.

2) Must the skimmer be on during cycling process.

3) Do you need to put in Carbon and Phos remover during cycling process.

The reason I ask is because , normally the cycling process is to build up the biological filtration bateria for a stable tank and thus a overkill Skimmer in place running, There is typical no possibility for a proper cycling process to be completed, or it might take longer to complete the cycling process.

Should we not let nature do it job and only on the skimmer after maybe a month. thank await for feeback

• SRC Member
Can someone advice what is a proper cycling process. Do you need to do the following

1) How much light is required per day during the tank cycling process.

3) Do you need to put in Carbon and Phos remover during cycling process.

The reason I ask is because , normally the cycling process is to build up the biological filtration bateria for a stable tank and thus a overkill Skimmer in place running, There is typical no possibility for a proper cycling process to be completed, or it might take longer to complete the cycling process.

Should we not let nature do it job and only on the skimmer after maybe a month. thank await for feeback

hi bro..here is some advice..jus my 2 cents...

1) How much light is required per day during the tank cycling process

during the cycling process.best is not to on the lights...so as to let the bacteria multiply..

NO

3) Do you need to put in Carbon and Phos remover during cycling process

NO..jus live rocks will do the job...

yes..we shld let nature do the job...but filtration muz be on..jus let the LRs do the cycling job.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Thank Bro , this is what i thought , I totally agree with you on point 2 and point 3 as this should be the correct cycling process. As for Point 1 on the light should we at least have some light , that should be what the coraline algae need.

I hope everyone could contribute their opinion as I think lot of reefer is cycling with their pretein skimmer on all the time.

Thank