Ultrasound Scan!!!

• SRC Member

The cost of the delivery in a private hospital (Thomson for my daughter) is around 3K to 4K for normal. That's not too bad. It's after that!! Buying things for the kid is a daily or weekly thingy. Can range from a hundred to many hundreds depending on your taste.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

yeah for Thomson Medical centre,I remember paying about $4700 for my son in single room.That was 3 days stay.And that amount is exclude the gynae charges as well as medisave.Now we can use more medisave for child birth.

For the gynae,I used Dr Madeline Tan and her charges was about $1900 incl GST,thats incl urine test and certain blood tests.We have to pay for those detailed one.In between this,there are feotus assessment....down syndrome oscar scan.....and more if mother to be has more complications.

And I totally agree,after the hospital bill and gynae bill....the buying never stop and it range from dollar to dollar :D

• SRC Member

great pics your ur little precious, guys.

tis is... Maggie at 6 mths, still perfect at this age.

post-34-1123511520.jpg

and at birth, a whopping 4.55. The wife opted for a natural virginal birth, with no pain relive and no episiotomies. It turned out jus great. I'm not sure how long she'll be breast-fed, but our third one was on for almost 4 yrs. Breast-feeding is super, so super, I didn't hv to lose any sleep... somehow she was able to feed-sleeping.

We did ours at Mt. Avernia, which is a great hospital, maybe only because its a not-for-profit outfit, but they are open to your specs... I heard, you could request of a pool birthing experience or a (bath)tub birth. They allow you to use their birth balls and have birth-aids, (as oppose to you having to bring your own).

So this will likely be our last and all I can say is the growing up experience is so great, you wouldn't want to waste the first-years away. All the best to those who are expecting!

post-11-1123746766.jpg

cute is one thing but as they grow up,thats another type of joy...cutting cost on diapers...milk formula....as they learn to speak,learn to walk...as they strive in school...every bit is a fair share of joy,of course sometimes headache too.

When is your turn,Rav 65? :D  :D

Hey sis...

I'm already have my little 6 month old princess... dat's why I say sometimes I wish they are always so small and cute... though it's pretty tiring, she never fails to bring a smile to my face, whether she's got a hand on my glasses, threatening to break it into pieces or when she scratches my face ( yet again ) with her sharp nails... :D :D :D

So now you guys know..... I used to be better looking! :lol::lol:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey sis...

I'm already have my little 6 month old princess... dat's why I say sometimes I wish they are always so small and cute... though it's pretty tiring, she never fails to bring a smile to my face, whether she's got a hand on my glasses, threatening to break it into pieces or when she scratches my face ( yet again ) with her sharp nails... :D :D :D

So now you guys know..... I used to be better looking! :lol::lol:

The next thing to test your patience would be her trying to put a rod into your tank fishing hahaha :D

You should wish she grows,cos little princess are so adorable as they grow.I have one myself and still enjoying every bit even she is already 11 yrs old :D

Gouldian,

your son looks like those eat and sleep easy baby.He is in good size too.Must be breastfeeding hor?

old people say you can see the character of the babies by the way they sleep.Babies who sleep with a peaceful face is easy going but those who sleeps with half eyes open or with a twisted eyebrow is a fussy one.

Read from book saying the baby follows the sleeping routine of the mother when they were still in their tummy so mother to be must have a early night.I have a feeling that mine would be a night owl cos I always have sleepless night... :(

So,does anyone actually went to fortune teller to get chinese name for their babies?Any good recommend?

I use Jin Zi Long, recomended by a fenshui fanatic that read dunno Wan Pao or Sin Ming where Jin Zi Long offers advices or something. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

The next thing to test your patience would be her trying to put a rod into your tank fishing hahaha :D

You should wish she grows,cos little princess are so adorable as they grow.I have one myself and still enjoying every bit even she is already 11 yrs old :D

Huh? dun wan lah... now so cute... but dat I cant control lah, eventually she'll grow... and as she grows, I start worrying more and more for her... :(

17 years from now, I'll send a PI to check on her BF... :(

:D :D :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Huh? dun wan lah... now so cute... but dat I cant control lah, eventually she'll grow... and as she grows, I start worrying more and more for her... :(

17 years from now, I'll send a PI to check on her BF... :(

:D :D :D

thats exactly what my husband was saying.He went so panic when a boy called up to talk to my daughter last yr :D

I always tell my daugther,if she ever has a date,daddy would be waiting with a baseball bat at the door and the curfew would be: before sunset! :D

• SRC Member

thats exactly what my husband was saying.He went so panic when a boy called up to talk to my daughter last yr :D

I always tell my daugther,if she ever has a date,daddy would be waiting with a baseball bat at the door and the curfew would be: before sunset! :D

:lol: thts' funny!

B4 sunset?! Why is she being let out in the 1st place??? :evil::evil::evil:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

walao! hahaha :D

Nowaday the kids are full mind of romance.I remember getting all furious when my daughter handed me a note a boy gave her when she was only in P2.It wrote: I think I m slowly falling in love with you...

Last month,daughter invited 2 boys and 1 girls home to do project.At the end,8-9 other boys followed.You should see the face of my husband.He was like pounding the living room like a bull terrier.And when one of the boy closed the room door with my daughter inside,he slammed it open and told them that the only place they can be in would be the living room. He even scolded my daughter for this incident even she insisted they wanted to follow her without her permission...

• SRC Member
Rav,

You are afriad your daughter will meet someone like you, right. This is my daily worry. All guys are bad cos daddy has been there!

but dont you know?every girl's dream kind of boyfriend is always the kind like their own daddy? :evil::evil:

• SRC Member
dont laugh har...if you going to have a daughter,probably you would be even worst than us :D

I GUESS SO! :lol: hope her pattern and chracter like my wife...orelse, i be having a PI and me tailing her 24/7 :lol:

• SRC Member

No leh...

if my daughter meets someone like me, I'll sleep very well... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

:lol: ya...then she will keep spending $$ on shopping and bringing you to shop for corals and fishes!!! rite bro? :lol:

• SRC Member

walao,you better rephrase your sentence or else if your wife read this,you would be sleeping next to your tank... :D:blink:

:( i been sleeping next to the fish tank and bath with salt water for the past 2 weeks! :lol:

Aiayh, she knows one lah....i everytime said her one...if daughter, character and looks must be like you....if a boy, should have brains like me....BUT looks with her lah! Don't look like me...will scared away all the chiobus.. :lol::lol:

anyway, still early to say that too....and now having more tonics as we are planning after Oct 2005....gosh....going to be very tired...and leg will be trembling..... :lol:

• SRC Member

then your wife is very nice,if my husband says that,I sure tell him go sleep in toilet :evil: but then both my kids looks more like my husband hahaha :D

do you know there is a website that is quite accurate about planning for girl or boy? I can PM you the website if you keen.It was accurate for many cases lor :D

• SRC Member
then your wife is very nice,if my husband says that,I sure tell him go sleep in toilet :evil: but then both my kids looks more like my husband hahaha :D

do you know there is a website that is quite accurate about planning for girl or boy? I can PM you the website if you keen.It was accurate for many cases lor :D

:lol: hey sis, can can...PM me.....must study more more......before making WAR! :lol: