Some Pics of My Humble Tank

Nitro

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u see a small Coco worm :D

Coco? Where? :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The two cleaners who keep all fishes clean and healthy, plus provide live food for fishes and corals once in awhile :eyebrow:

I think it's time I add a couple of these into my main tank :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

bro, any problems with keeping 2 yellow tangs? :P

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

All four tangs are bought from the same LFS and intro into this 2x2x2.5 footer at the same time. From time to time, the bigger YT will chase the smaller YT but can see it's only for fun and no serious injuries.

• SRC Member

Underwater > U meant the sponge in this pic... :D

The sponge is attached to the same rock as the small green Favia family coral. It was bought from SeaLife almost half to 1 yr liao. Thot either one was going to up the lorry anytime when I saw it at the LFS and since it was sold at a low price, I bought it.

The 3 long pieces of the sponge u see at the fore ground is grown out of the main piece at the back. It placed under the shaded area and moderate current flow. Think it's this condition that keep it and the green favia growing. Hoping to grow it bigger.

post-34-1182265724.jpg

Amazing stories behind the sponges... they are known to be difficult... I attempted once... a red one ;)

You purposely arranged the Blastos for the photoshoot? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

haha, looks like it rite? No lah, they're originally placed as this position.

The SPS u see at the foreground... never see it's polyps extended but half a yr liao and still dun die. Some more I think it grown taller abit :lol:

• SRC Member

A yellow/golden orangy Crocea... another small clam. All three clams are small abt 3inches and are now in my sump where I can really see them open up without being disturb by fishes. Anyway that's also the bast place for them to feed :yeah:

post-34-1182274423.jpg