Good Specimen For Sponges

ebi

hi people, noted from some posts that some LFSs are not handling their sponges well and exposing them to air..

can anyone recommend a reliable LFS to buy a sponge from? I'm looking for one of those magenta ones..

hopefully the sponge has been well taken care of, if not I wouldn't even know if I fail because my conditions are not right, or it has already been damaged during transportation.

a zillion thanks !

Went Re***n few days ago wanted to get blue sponge...then I saw this customer taking the sponge out of the water to see see then put back..dunno did it to how many sponges..in the end din buy...so darn irritating. <_<

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Make sure sopnge not expose to air as it'll oxidise their tissues. Keeep gd water parameters. No need too strong lights or algae may grow on them. Strong current.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Their cilia will get paralyzed by the air stuck in their tissues..then they can't filter feed properly...and they will slowly starve to death...in some cases tissue damage will occur if the air remains long enough.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

wah lau I bought at t9* and TOLD the guy to pack in the water cuz I said it cannot survive out of the water, and he insisted its OK and the sponge (blue btw) comes to them exposed in air already, don't worry etc etc, and packed it for me by simply lifting it out of the tank. sigh..... does it mean it confirm no hope liao?? is is true I can break bits off and plant them and it'll grow into new sponges?