Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hi guys .. just found this pic veri cute and deiiferent.. the frogfsih is so small... hehe therefore share share with you guys ... :P

btw.. fish dun belong to me.. just a internet pic

tiny-frogfish.jpg

cheers :D

hi guys .. just found this pic veri cute and deiiferent.. the frogfsih is so small... hehe therefore share share with you guys ...

btw.. fish dun below to me.. just a interent pic

cheers

• SRC Member

hmmm .......btw guys. just some updates .....

.. the pics for the t-shirt are some how on the way .. :P hehe areadi got the approval from the owner of the pics.. now waiting for him to sent the orginal pics to me ... :D

after that will need some one to do some edit on the pics to make it more chio.... :D

tom the vote for the club name will end... :)

i am looking forward to my first frogfish.

derek. . . . . . u noe wad i wan.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
i am looking forward to my first frogfish.

derek. . . . . . u noe wad i wan.

hi bro :D aqua marine have lots of frogfish.. why not buy from there ??? maybe you woill find a piece you reali like ???

• SRC Member
Was there at AquaMarin this afternoon and they have quite a few frogfish. I think about 10 pcs ard 2" to 3".

Saw a nice small black one, very cute only 1". :yeah:

hi bro .. :D

looks like u are in for quite a ride today :D... hows ur new fish doing ???

cheers :P

• SRC Member

hi guys ...

hehe so far we have 8 members interested in frogfish..

well will be the pioneers of the club... :P

the memebers are

The list of members

1) Lester

2) shawncel

3) Derek0925

4) NavIgatoR

5) Synanceia

6) Acidjazz

7) neokn

8) Angry

I think some bros are interested in the black froggy at Aq**m****. One black froggy was bought by someone. Left two. The smallest of the two (a little guy with a brown stripe down its side) is a black variant of the local froggy (the big version can be seen in my pics thread), which is more expensive than the common green/brown variant, and should NOT cost more than $15. The bigger black froggy (the one with the little white 'toes') is the rarer one, and $45 maybe the market price now (used to find them between $28 to $35, but no more such prices these days). This black froggy does NOT look like a warty, and be aware that it may change its colour as it grows. Without looking at its esca and illicium, it is difficult to tell what species it is. And beware that a small froggy has a high chance of being eaten by a larger froggy if placed in the same tank (especially if one is a 1" and the other a 5").

There are other froggies of various colours costing $35 each. I think that is an above average price, but is okay if they are healthy. There seems to be one with a slightly cloudy eye, so look carefully, cos from my experience, a froggy with a cloudy eye(s) seldom recover and will eventually die.

• SRC Member
Hey guys! Newbie can join not?? Never kept frogfish before..more of a lion person, but after reading the thread by Lester felt quite inspired. haha

of cos :D

hehe just type in ur name can liao ... :)

actually the purposes for the club is anyone that is interested in this strange fish.. many of us are too veri new to this fish.. will have meet up kopi session to exchange ideas and pointers, make new friends and if possible.. hunt for frog fish together :D

:D

• SRC Member

the result of the poll is out :)

having most pple voting for the name Froggipani....

i am proud to announce on the behalf of the club that we SRC frogfish lovers will be called " Froggipani "

• SRC Member

hi derek :D

i been thinking about something and wanted to discuss with you ...

since both of us are going to custom make our frogfish tank ... is it possible to take ur tank pics when setting up for a basic tank setup guide for frogfish for the club... ?

pictures are always more interesting than words... cos my custom tank as you know will be using the same sump for my main tank, it will be not reali veri useful for new comers who wanted to set up a frogfish only tank..hehe i though of u first haha.. a stand alone tank will be more useful...

hehe do call me k...

:thanks: