Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

hi bro :D

so i see u got the fishes :D congrats hehe

imo.. ur reef tank sump would be better ... not due to temp but higher flow rate compare to ur fowlr sump/regium design ..... :D

If i put in my fowlr tank, i wll definately put a wavemaker in the sump, but tt wld defeit the purpose of a refugim yea?

how aout 1st two frogs in my main tank sump, another two frigs in my fowlr sump?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

If i put in my fowlr tank, i wll definately put a wavemaker in the sump, but tt wld defeit the purpose of a refugim yea?

how aout 1st two frogs in my main tank sump, another two frigs in my fowlr sump?

hmmm ... it not only the current in the regrium tank water but also not forgetting the tank turn over rate... like i told u on the phone when u called me this morning .. rem ?

btw how many frogs are u keeping ? total 4 ?? IMO .. the fowlr main tank would be just nice for them hehe ... kekeke got space to grow/ hide etc etc/... also can see easier.. put in sump quite hard to see.. from my personally experience.. :D

cheers :)

Yes sir! i will need to rearrange my sump tank a bit to accomodate the frogfish.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member
hi lester and all,,,

thanks for the warm welcome.... i started having my marine tank abt one and half yr ago... only 3 mths ago,,, my chiller broke down and boy,, the repair sure took a long time to replace my spolit parts,,, thats how my coral tank went down,,,,

veri sorry to hear ...i know the feeling ......but never give up :D

currently i have only two fish left,, the rest i have gave away.. as these 2 fish (one purple tang and one blue tang) has been with me since the start my tank,,, i thought of keeping them til i restart my whole marine system,,, any idea how to keep them while i reset my tank..

ok.... firstly u need to ask urself.. the tank when re setup... wat are u going to keep ? reef tank? fowlr? or frogfish tank ..? IMO.. i normally will keep them in a small tank first when i rescape my tank or re setup.. but only for temp.. :P

depending on ur tangs size.. i believe a normal 2 feet tank shall be no problem wif a over head filter running .. shall be able to last a few days .. :D

and lastly,,, the frog fish (5 inches) whack my purple tang in front of my eyes.... saw my tang swam past him and got whacked .... :sick:

anyway... i really need the basic help... like when i empty the tank... how much sand and what type of sand to put in... water... mixture... :cry2:

dun reali know whether my live rocks can be used... cos the rock is covered with green algae..

for sand.. is quite easy.. u going for DSB ? 6ft tank with DSB.hmm quite alot i think :P grade 0 or 1 sand

for salt water.. hmm either u can go for premix salt or nsw... :D

for mixture... sorry not reali sure wat u meant by that .......

for ur LR...... actually there are quite alot of ways to do with it .. for me i would just dip in fresh water .. let it die.. srub it off... and reuse it .cos the dead rocks after some time when placed in re setup tank will live again.. some would suggust using of p04 remover.. reduce light time etc etc ...

hope the above helps ...........

:D

hi lester,

thanx.... for the sand bed... wat do you mean byDSB?? :(

i think if i reset the tank ,,, i will get rid of all the sand and LR.

Steps : Add the sand then all the premix salt water. There after i tink it will need at least 1-1 1/2 mths for the water to run within the system??

There after live rocks can be added ?? Followed by some fish to create bacteria???

pls correct me if i am wrong..... :unsure:

As for my purple and blue tang,, you know anyone wants to keep them,, i dun mind giving away.... if your system is stable enough... worried they mind die as they have been with me for abt 1 1/2 yrs liao.... :cry: if any kind soul can help me out,,, by taking care for me for these 2 mths .... i will reali appreciate..... drinks on me.... :eyeblur:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

hi lester,

thanx.... for the sand bed... wat do you mean byDSB?? :(

i think if i reset the tank ,,, i will get rid of all the sand and LR.

Steps : Add the sand then all the premix salt water. There after i tink it will need at least 1-1 1/2 mths for the water to run within the system??

There after live rocks can be added ?? Followed by some fish to create bacteria???

pls correct me if i am wrong..... :unsure:

As for my purple and blue tang,, you know anyone wants to keep them,, i dun mind giving away.... if your system is stable enough... worried they mind die as they have been with me for abt 1 1/2 yrs liao.... :cry: if any kind soul can help me out,,, by taking care for me for these 2 mths .... i will reali appreciate..... drinks on me.... :eyeblur:

:thanks:

bro....DSB refer to Deep Sand Bed....is one method of filteration. It should rightfully be more than 2inch thick if you are going for DSB.

Your LR can be add together during the 1.5mth cycling.

You dun put fish in to generate bacteria....but you can throw in a dead market prawn to cos ammonia to bloom....

Bro, keep a frog fish tank.....me and lester help you to set up :D:D

or you can get the master synanceio for indept consultation :D

• SRC Member

He dun drive....he zoooommmmm :D

btw ya where do you stay???

Lester, aquamarin got new frog fish.....wu eng bor??? :D

izzit ?? hehe guess i reali outdated liao.... hehe eng... everiday also veri eng ...:)\just talk to acid over the phone :) i so sad.. no red red frog liao :( kekeke

but later meeting yellowfin tuna lei ...:) wan join in bo ?

haha

cheers :D

• SRC Member
wah i super tempted la. but im studying at home lol..must ask my teacher when we go cheong fish farm again...we bought him a fish for teacher's day lol

hehe .. wa good students :D

wat fish u bought for ur teacher ?

cheers :D

lester,,, i taking half day today,,,, if u dun mind,,,, we can meet up.... do u drive???

hey bro, i also taking half day today. Need help to reset tank? Actually i just wan to go there for the drinks. . :lol:

jokes aside, if u wan, get my number from lester or derek n buzz me.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

hey bro, i also taking half day today. Need help to reset tank? Actually i just wan to go there for the drinks. . :lol:

jokes aside, if u wan, get my number from lester or derek n buzz me.

hi bro.. think he is off line liao ...:)

• SRC Member

sorry acid,,, already off line just now....

anyway..... i will be resetting my tank.... so the below mentioned are free...

one purple tang (3 inch)

one blue tang (4 inch)

For the fishes mentioned above, they are free to those who want to keep them, NOT for anyone who comes get them for resale to others.

100kg plus of rocks (i will be throwing them away if no takers,, however, be warned, you have to take the rocks back to clean,, they are covered big time with algae and slime)

:eyeblur:

• SRC Member
sorry acid,,, already off line just now....

anyway..... i will be resetting my tank.... so the below mentioned are free...

one purple tang (3 inch)

one blue tang (4 inch)

For the fishes mentioned above, they are free to those who want to keep them, NOT for anyone who comes get them for resale to others.

100kg plus of rocks (i will be throwing them away if no takers,, however, be warned, you have to take the rocks back to clean,, they are covered big time with algae and slime)

:eyeblur:

hi bro :D...

hehe hard time carry the buckets of salts ??

btw... i think it will be faster to rid the fishes and LR if u post them in the Sell off/Pasar Malam Shop section :D

p/s: i believe ur six footer will be veri nice after the rescape and setup..

happy reefering

cheers :)