Which LFS Selling?

• SRC Member

i know of at least two shops selling the macro skimmer ... bio ocean and aquamarine.

Myself I am using the AS-250P for my 4ft with low bioload FOWLR. Using it for 2mths only so cant really give verdict. Nonetheless, the other day when my 6" anemone got pureed by PH, the skimmer skimmed like crazy.... at first white skimmate and after a day .. dark brown.

You may or not already know, the effluent contains lots of micro bubbles so u got to have some kind of baffle to eliminate them before it joins main tank.

• SRC Member
i know of at least two shops selling the macro skimmer ... bio ocean and aquamarine.

Myself I am using the AS-250P for my 4ft with low bioload FOWLR. Using it for 2mths only so cant really give verdict. Nonetheless, the other day when my 6" anemone got pureed by PH, the skimmer skimmed like crazy.... at first white skimmate and after a day .. dark brown.

You may or not already know, the effluent contains lots of micro bubbles so u got to have some kind of baffle to eliminate them before it joins main tank.

Hi:

It come w/ a buffer at the outlet right. to skim off the fine bubbles. So what to use to buffer of the fine bubbles. THANKS

• SRC Member

No .. it does not come with the buffer at outlet. You are left to fend for yourself to control the bubbles. You can buy the bubble stoper from bioocean .. BUT .. it is only 20% effective. If you are using a sump ... a 3 compartment sump, with the skimmer outlet in the 1st compartment should be adequate by the time it gets to the last compartment. Between compartments, should be double baffle (i.e. Flow up .. flow down .. flow up again .. into the next compartment). Other than that ... some people have used varous methods .. I think its in the DIY forum somewhere recently ... a lot of innovative but unorthodox ones I must say.

Price I think should be 100+ for the 250 model .. comes with the needlewheel pump. I bought mine 2nd hand at half of that price.

Other issues would be ... difficult to get the pump to be very silent (trial and error may get you somewhere.. like changing position and angle of the pump). The air intake port is very silent tho.

other than that .. it should b reasonable value for money.