no3 high

gerald28

just checking with you bros

my amonnia and nitrite 0

but my no3 show like 80

change water 2 week once still like tat , copperband ,angles all ok but when i try to put fairy wrasse and spotted hawkfish they gone the next day why isnt it weird that the angels are doing fine then them can i have some answers cause very fraustated that i see my fishes die and so helpless

cheers my bro and currently running two cannister for my 2 ft cube and the eheim 2215 is full with biohome and matrix and just convert to dsb 3 months ago but all seem helpless ? :evil:

Do you use DI water to replace those you have changed?

Very sadly, most of not all nitrates are soluble so you can't remove them using media <_<

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Bubbling water do not help much (don't even see the concept behind it)

For replacing water, use DI water and try growing macro to reduce the nitrates ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

gerald, "long time no see" huh :P

how high is your bio-load? if your load is high, your skimmer can't handle it. how much volume for your water change for every 2 weeks? and how often do you feed your fishes? how often you maintain your canister?

did you do anything or add anything recently? how did you add your fish? the haelth state of your fish when you bought it? those fishes are survive are those already in your tank for sometime?

most tap water is about 10ppm n03. i guess shouldn't be a problem. and of course using DI is good :lol:

age.png

hi loster always glad to see some bro in here , haha to be honest i overstock i think about 15 small fishes in my tank ,angels , wrasse , cromis , for the cannister i maintain every 3 month cause inside is just media the filter and all is change in my main tank where there a overflow before it's suck into my both cannister .

• SRC Member
hi loster always glad to see some bro in here , haha to be honest i overstock i think about 15 small fishes in my tank ,angels , wrasse , cromis , for the cannister i maintain every 3 month cause inside is just media the filter and all is change in my main tank where there a overflow before it's suck into my both cannister .

wow... 3 month is a long time... when i used my cansiter in my early day for 2ft tank, i maintained it every 2 weeks (wash and change) :P i also used the same skimmer as yours :P

:off: someday, have cup of tea or coffee around my area? :P

age.png

yo marble ,i heard it able to bring down no3 to a certain extend only ,but student here and no space that why didit get that , was told before for no3 everything must be there , dsb, plants , and correct bateria .Tat why i started using dsb ,and to your question to the price i check out the equitment alone about $150 range ,

• SRC Member

denitrator and dbs will take months for them to kick :) try to maintain your canister more regular and water change more regular, feed your 15 fishes lesser :fear: or reduce them if u can. and i believe your N03 will go down. as for water change, this is the chart for your guide. since your tank is 2ft cube, i guess it is easy to change 50% a few time :P either you harder to maintain your tank or you invest a good skimmer and let them work harder for you :)

http://www.reefs.org/library/article/t_bri...a.html#nitrate2

:off: aiyo... u can't remember where i stay huh :P i also can't remember yours. i know u stay near my area. teban gardens :P

age.png

• SRC Member
denitrator and dbs will take months for them to kick :) try to maintain your canister more regular and water change more regular, feed your 15 fishes lesser :fear: or reduce them if u can. and i believe your N03 will go down. as for water change, this is the chart for your guide. since your tank is 2ft cube, i guess it is easy to change 50% a few time :P either you harder to maintain your tank or you invest a good skimmer and let them work harder for you :)

http://www.reefs.org/library/article/t_bri...a.html#nitrate2

:off: aiyo... u can't remember where i stay huh :P i also can't remember yours. i know u stay near my area. teban gardens :P

Tks for e info...

Me use to dun care abt no3 prob as im into fish n LR onli sys....NOw gog to shift abit to coral liao...so now then start to look into my no3 prob lor....My no3 at least 50ppm n above lor.....So now lookng for ways to bring it dw...Was thinking tat denitrator was able to help but like wat e bro say here it need time to kick in....sigh :(

Think i will have to reduce feeding n change water lor....

Rite now i have 4tangs,1 coral beauty,1 butterfly,4clownfish,4firefish n 2benny in my 3ft tank....Alot hor....Think i shld sell off afew of them to reduce my bio load liao...sigh :(

• SRC Member

if u opt for water change, 50% one time will not have any effect. u need to change it a few times in order to see the improvement. actually there is an other old method that can help you to bring your No3 down within a month. u can use A-Z No3 product since both of your tank are mainly fish only. it can helps you to bring down your No3 within a month till zero. but at the same time you got to re-think your current setting and cut down as much as possible of your bio-load and improve your maintenance discipline. cos u can't always depend on A-Z no3 all the time. this product only provide short term solution. for long term wise is your setting and maintenance discipline :)

age.png

• SRC Member
if u opt for water change, 50% one time will not have any effect. u need to change it a few times in order to see the improvement. actually there is an other old method that can help you to bring your No3 down within a month. u can use A-Z No3 product since both of your tank are mainly fish only. it can helps you to bring down your No3 within a month till zero. but at the same time you got to re-think your current setting and cut down as much as possible of your bio-load and improve your maintenance discipline. cos u can't always depend on A-Z no3 all the time. this product only provide short term solution. for long term wise is your setting and maintenance discipline :)

Will A-Z no3 b harmful to inverts????

Heard of tis product b4 but nvr try b4..Its expensive oso per bottle..... :lol:

• SRC Member

for fish and some hardly lps is ok. but u must follow the instruction of the usage and it will bring your n03 down slowly witnin a month. ur water change a must. if i can rememeber... one bottle will cost around 40. if you stay at the west, u can get it cheaper at the clementi. not the 24 hrs shop. the other one cos they sell cheaper there :P

but please don't use it as a long term solution. i can't use it all the time. u got to improve your current set-up and bio-load. the product is only a short term solution if you don't want to do water change for many rounds.

age.png

• SRC Member

From my own experience in reefing. I encountered high NO3 when i have overstocked, overfed, and improper setting up of tank. And once i counter all these problem, i dun see why i cant have a low <5ppm NO3. So bro. reflect on whether u face all this prob too. cheers.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

imo too many active fishes for a 2 ft cube.... i hv same number of fishes as you in my 5 ft tank.... try n reduce the number of fishes or alternatively switching to less active fishes shd be gd....

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Do coral reali cant tahan too high of no3??? <_<

I didnt keep coral b4 so not beri sure wat e effect it will be like??Coral dun open up or die immed???hmm???

In e sea,there sure will b high no3 rite with all e pollution etc type of stuff gog on???

hmm...Anybody here with success of keepin coral with high NO3???kekekeke :D

• SRC Member
:lol: danny, how many fish you have? big one? u have small H&S still can't cope? since you are redo your set up, go for bb with good skimmer, though ugly but save you for n03 problem :P

Hi,

I already upgraded to 24" Beckett liao!!! :P I think I can cope with the high Bioloads now, but thinking of selling two of my big tangs away!!! :) Problem is can't be able to catch them!! :D

I dont think I want to go for BB!! :P I prefer sandy view!! :rolleyes:

I think I will change more water now, but so far all my corals r OK!! In fact some of them r multiplying!!! :D

Thanks for concern!!! B)