newmarine

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

hii newmarine... did any ls die or disappear recently.. cos cud be a fish died and is rotting somewhere inaccessible n causing the nh4 to be hi... anyway if the tank is cycled, this nh4 shd be back to 0 very quickly

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Yes, think got 1 x rainbow wrasse died about 3 weeks ago. But my nitrate had always been high. Sad Sad.

Another problem that I face is that my tank wall will always have brownish thing on it. So have to keep cleaning it like every other day.

Good choice bro... PR is know for their stable SPS... definitely higher chances in keeping it alive :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Taken from front of tank. Put it at the top and near overflow to create the flow. Any advise

Is your tunze hidden/ stack under the LR? Will there be an issue in the event you need to clean/ service your tunze?

Btw, nice setup! :lol:

Hehe... a Tunze ain't that small... that's the only setback of getting a Tunze IMO :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ya, but tunze produce more wave.. so will help with the diatom in the sand bed.  i think :P

Yes Tunze is damn "powderful"... even the 6060 is strong enough to create a complete loop in my 3ft tank... the only thing is... it is too bulky... I am actually waiting for the new Tunze Stream Nanos... they are extremely small and cute... I heard they can be quite costly :nuke::nuke::nuke:

You considering a controllable or uncontrollable Stream? I've tried many different models... perhaps I can offer some tips :D

And yes, a constant current flow can minimize the amount of diatoms on the sand bed... but flow itself is not good enough to eliminate them totally :pinch:

• SRC Member

Thanks Bro.

In fact, I have checked out the nanostream in germany and it cost around euro 200 for the controllerable one.

I agree that tunze is very big. am thinking of 6060 too so to keep the sand bed clean. will be getting a de-nitrator and at the same time using rowas.

But still thinking of where to put. Any advice?

• SRC Member

Yes Tunze is damn "powderful"... even the 6060 is strong enough to create a complete loop in my 3ft tank... the only thing is... it is too bulky... I am actually waiting for the new Tunze Stream Nanos... they are extremely small and cute... I heard they can be quite costly :nuke::nuke::nuke:

You considering a controllable or uncontrollable Stream? I've tried many different models... perhaps I can offer some tips :D

And yes, a constant current flow can minimize the amount of diatoms on the sand bed... but flow itself is not good enough to eliminate them totally :pinch:

I'm sure you will get it cos u r a high tech reefer!!! :P

• SRC Member
Thanks Bro.

In fact, I have checked out the nanostream in germany and it cost around euro 200 for the controllerable one.

I agree that tunze is very big. am thinking of 6060 too so to keep the sand bed clean. will be getting a de-nitrator and at the same time using rowas.

But still thinking of where to put. Any advice?

Can PM me the link where you saw the nano stream? Maybe can consider the VorTech Propeller Pump

I'm sure you will get it cos u r a high tech reefer!!! :P

No you will get it first coz you have access to foreign market... I just have to wait for those kind LFS to bring them in... :snore::snore::snore:

• SRC Member

Well, may be my fish are by nature greedy. But I notice my coral like them more :P

Anyway, anyone saw nice flame angel this week. Looking for 1 or 2 for my 2ft fowlr spare thank :) BTW, how much does they cost?

• SRC Member
Well, may be my fish are by nature greedy. But I notice my coral like them more :P

Anyway, anyone saw nice flame angel this week. Looking for 1 or 2 for my 2ft fowlr spare thank :) BTW, how much does they cost?

Is angel reef safe? Heard that it will attack/ nib on coral!