Breeding Cleaner Shrimp?

jofeny

Normally you have to wait 12-14 days for the eggs to hatch starting from the first day you see them. Shortest larval duration for skunk cleaner so far is 42 days achieved by Waikiki Aquarium in hawaii. Normally lasts 2-3 months due to lack of knowledge on dietary requirements. Then again successful settlement of larvae is real low, only around 20% for commercial companies. The larvae will take newly hatched brine shrimp from the start, but the problem will be removing most of uneaten brine shrimp the next day and replacing them with newly hatched ones. Got to get enough water flow to keep them suspended and late-stage larvae don't handle aeration very well...tends to break off their long 5th pair of legs.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

yea.. wanna noe more can ask our past SH reefer.. chinmo.. he got success in breeding this shrimps.. but not sure if cleaner too.. haha.. ya..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

hi guys ,,,

just a note,,, read from the other tread regarding cleaner,,,,,, i guess i could agree more with them and hope to pass the msg around,,,,,

cleaners survival rate (be it shrimp or fish) are low,,, most cleaner fish dies off in under a yr...... however,,,, their presence in the ocean are of utmost importance..... it has been proven when cleaners are removed from the oceans,,, the fishes do not visit the reefs as often as before and in a way creates imbalance in the system...... so guys,,, if we are able to do without the cleaners.... lets not buy as thousand of cleaners are innocently killed...... haizzzz,,,,,,,,, :peace:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

If anyhow you luckily bred cleaner shrimps pls remember to sell me one at cheap cheap price........hehe

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

just 2 days ago, i managed to catch a glimpse :shock: of my cleaner shrimp (got 2 of them) shooting his load of fries right out in the miiddle of tank. all the fishes just came out and gobble the fries up. all gone in a short while. :(

my first time to see something finally spawning in my tank. :D