Harlequin Shrimp

FuEl

• SRC Member

Anything to d with cucumbers worries me hahaa

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Ah ok..it found the sea cucumber boring and hopped back onto the blue linka. :D

Btw..my this harlequin is a fighter! She actually gave my reef-safe blue lobster many scars on its tail. Talk about self defense! :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

They will only like softer stars. You can try sand stars...and other stars with longer legs...

They seem to prefer those that are thin and easy to cut....over those big and bulky ones like chocolate chip etc...

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
How much did you pay for the starfish?

I have been thinking of buying a harlequin shrimp but have been putting it off because it only eats starfish.

$6. I dun feed the whole star fish to the harlequin. I cut off the leg to feed the harlequin. I knw it's cruel but dat's wat they eat in the wild... :pinch:

• SRC Member

Do they attack the starfish directly?

I am not sure how long it will take for the starfish to grow back its leg. Is it possible to keep a few starfish separately and give them ample time to grow back their leg before cutting it again.

Sorry...its just my cruel thought.

• SRC Member
Do they attack the starfish directly?

I am not sure how long it will take for the starfish to grow back its leg. Is it possible to keep a few starfish separately and give them ample time to grow back their leg before cutting it again.

Sorry...its just my cruel thought.

I put my harlequin in a betta box. juz cut off the leg of the star to feed it. Harlequins bring their food along wherever they go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Just curious of this starfish-eating shrimp. Can any bro post a pic to see how it look like ?

Is it dangerous and life-threatening to other happily swimming fishes/corals/anemone in the same tank ?

:lol::lol::lol:

post-7-1065508801.jpg