Deltec MCE600 Hang-on skimmer

Earth

• SRC Member

Bought this skimmer onlilne before the local supplier intro this product locally ...

IMO, a good skimmer without any fuss and easy to maintain but the setback is that you have to empty the small collection cup frequently. :P

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Hi Nim75sg

Thanks for replying...

I saw a photo of the product in eaquanature website, the measurement given for the width of it is 180mm. I think it looks unlikely to be 180mm. As I have a tight space at the back, if the width is 180mm, then it will not fit into the limited space of mine...

Could you do me a kind favour by measuring the width / thickness of your deltec? So I can make a correct decision..

:thanks::D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
wah nim...what about a personal review of it? is it a good thing that must empty collection cup so often? tuning wise easy?

Bro.... Apologized that I didn't got time to write a review even though in operation for more than a year. ;)

Tuning wise very easy and once it is tuned - it just rock and roll. :P

As for the emptying the collection cup more frequent depends on your feeding too but overall as this is the result of good skimming.

This is what I meant by small collection cup ... only the right shaded triangle is the collection cup.

post-17-1128511104.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
Could you do me a kind favour by measuring the width / thickness of your deltec? So I can make a correct decision..

:thanks::D

Since you asked for it, here are the exact measuements:

Length or Width = 260mm

Chassis Depth = 85mm (excluding the inflow pipework)

Height = 465mm (up to the collection cup)

Hope this info helps ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
bro, what u mean by chassis depth? the thickness? on the website it said 180mm so i'm thinking its probably from pipe edge to box edge but the 85mm u gave is only box edge to box edge yes no?

That is correct ... edge to edge. ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
Bro nim75sg

Yap, could you confirm that the thickness is only 85mm without taking into account the in and out pipe works?

:thanks:

Confirmed .... 85mm thickness ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
bro...sorry ah just a few more questions....the collection cup you posted, the grey pipe is to connect to waste collector? Also, since edge to edge is 85mm, then from between edge to pipe do you think can fit over a 2ft tank's eurobracing?

If the edge of your eurobracing to the side of the tank is not more than 60mm in width then the skimmer can "hang" comfortably without any stress otherwise it is a NO, NO. ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

This MCE600 is currently servicing a "rojak" 6'x2'x2' FOWLR tank housing 16 livestocks.

Every week got to empty the waste collector due to 2 feedings of 8 cubes per feed of either frozen mysis or brine shrimp.

But would believe that you won't have to do this if the feeding is moderate. ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Bro nim75sg

:o ! the fellow can skim a 6' tank??

Your No3 ok with such heavy feeding? If the skimmer can control your No3 well, it looks like this is really a good choice for reefers with limited space!

Just a final request... If it is not too inconvenient for you, can you grant me the permission to have a look at how and where you hook up the fellow to your 6 footer. No obligations though.... :D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Bro nim75sg

:o ! the fellow can skim a 6' tank??

Your No3 ok with such heavy feeding? If the skimmer can control your No3 well, it looks like this is really a good choice for reefers with limited space!

Just a final request... If it is not too inconvenient for you, can you grant me the permission to have a look at how and where you hook up the fellow to your 6 footer. No obligations though....  :D

Yes .. the MCE600 is supporting the 6' tank and NO3 about 20ppm which is fine since it is only a FOWLR with 2 heavy feedings. Also, would believe that the NO3 can be lower if light feeding is given.

Seeing the real setup in action? This is no problem as long as there is a door gift otherwise the 2 dogs won't be friendly with you. :P

Anyway, just kidding .. let me know. ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.