Orangeshoulder Tang

Hi....

thinking of getting one.....

anyone keep this tang? easy? hardy?

how long will it grow into an adult?

Cheers

FnC

Yes this fish is rather hardy........ Hey how big a tank do you have as this fish grow rather quickly and can reach a size of 1 feet plus, IMo a tank ard 5 feet is suitable for them.

big tangs do need space...4FT is actually alright. But I dun see adult ones very often locally.....dun know why..mostly juv...

probably tats why not many pple kept them ....dun think many reefer has that fish

• SRC Member
Hi....

thinking of getting one.....

anyone keep this tang? easy? hardy?

how long will it grow into an adult?

Cheers

FnC

The orange shoulder tang is extremely hardy and is a quick grower. Usually pxxxxxx mxxxxx carries them quite a bit and I had two of my juveniles from there which are already halfway through adulthood now. Unfortunately , the larger one is starting to bully the slightly smaller one but no serious damage really done. :D

big tangs do need space...4FT is actually alright. But I dun see adult ones very often locally.....dun know why..mostly juv...

probably tats why not many pple kept them ....dun think many reefer has that fish

Yeah why you guilt ah keep so many ggantic fish in a small 4 feet tank :eyebrow::eyebrow:

IMO a 6feet is only enough for one

I have yet to see anyone keep a tang alone in a 6FT tank...must require a lot of discipline...or the tang is 3FT long....kekeke................... :D

they don't grow to prehistoric sizes if thats what you mean. :lol: It would take a long time before they ever reach a size too big enough for your tank ;)

hey don't you think that it is bad if you know a fish that has a potential to reach a certain size if space was given but because yo want to squeeze them together you tell yourself "oh well they sure do take a long time to grow, so might as well squeenze them in a tank first then wwait for them to grow first then MAYBE upgrade which i think most aquarist don't do that"

• SRC Member

hey don't you think that it is bad if you know a fish that has a potential to reach a certain size if space was given but because yo want to squeeze them together you tell yourself "oh well they sure do take a long time to grow, so might as well squeenze them in a tank first then wwait for them to grow first then MAYBE upgrade which i think most aquarist don't do that"

he he he he , so how else are you going to plan to keep a fish for that long then? Would you abandon them once they reach a nice size? Of course you have to upgrade. :lol: oh boy! only a serious reefer would do that and you're writing to one. ;)