Need help on Seio 620

primeprime

• SRC Member

Hi,

Just got a Seio 620, but its occasionally blowing out small air bubbles.

It is placed about 2 inch below water surface.

Any idea how to get rid of the air bubbles?

Also notice that there is 1 small blue air flow control knob.

What does it do?

Do I tighten it all the way or loosen the knob?

(The manual provided doesn’t seem very useful <_< )

Please help.

Thank You.

• SRC Member

I am using the 820. My knob is tighten. However, I dont think it has anything to do with the knob. For the pump to take in air, the air hose must be connected.

Try moving your pump upside down to remove any trapped air that is still in the pump.

regards

• SRC Member
Hi,

Just got a Seio 620, but its occasionally blowing out small air bubbles.

It is placed about 2 inch below water surface.

Any idea how to get rid of the air bubbles?

Also notice that there is 1 small blue air flow control knob.

What does it do?

Do I tighten it all the way or loosen the knob?

(The manual provided doesn’t seem very useful <_< )

Please help.

Thank You.

i am using two M620.

can i assume you are talking about millions of bubbles being blown out over a few seconds, then everything is back to normal.

if that is the case, it is because your M620 is placed too near the water surface. the suction of the pump causes a vortex to be formed (like an inverted tornado) and air got sucked in. out comes millions of bubbles.

so, suggest you lower the pump further down the water level.

the blue knob is to control the volume of water flow. by turning clockwise, it closes the intake hole, hence less water intake.

hope it helps.

• SRC Member
Thanks.

Will let the water flow upward to remove all trapped air bubbles first.

Thank You.

:D

Need to turn off the pump. Otherwise, u will have water all over the place.

It like try to put a upside down cup into a tank of water, there will be trapped air. The way to let the air out is to turn the cup slightly.

So you should do the same thing for the pump.

• SRC Member
i am using two M620.

can i assume you are talking about millions of bubbles being blown out over a few seconds, then everything is back to normal.

if that is the case, it is because your M620 is placed too near the water surface.  the suction of the pump causes a vortex to be formed (like an inverted tornado) and air got sucked in.  out comes millions of bubbles.

so, suggest you lower the pump further down the water level.

the blue knob is to control the volume of water flow.  by turning clockwise, it closes the intake hole, hence less water intake.

hope it helps.

Hi,

No, there are still some air bubbles being blown out every now and then.

Yes, initially got the 'vortex' effect.

But din notice any 'vortex' formed after I place it abt 2 inch below water surface.

Thank You.

• SRC Member
Need to turn off the pump. Otherwise, u will have water all over the place.

It like try to put a upside down cup into a tank of water, there will be trapped air. The way to let the air out is to turn the cup slightly.

So you should do the same thing for the pump.

Hi,

Thanks for your tips!

But I still got some small bubbles after I on it for few hours (I on it for overnight)...

Don't know whether is it because of the introduction of this new Seio 620, found 1 of my nemo on the floor this morning...

So sad... :cry2:

Maybe should get a hood or canopy...

• SRC Member

Have you made sure the flow adjustment ring is set to maximum? My 820 produced bubbles everytime i try to restrict its flow by closing the adjustment ring (this is the big one with the gratings, not the blue knob).

sorry to hear about your nemo. which kind is it? i think some species more prone to jumping than others. my maroon always stay at the bottom sweeping the sandbed and mess up my landscape.

.. and i agree the manual wasnt very useful, especially misled me to search hig hand low for one of the brackets shown in the drawings, but actually not included in the package.

• SRC Member
Have you made sure the flow adjustment ring is set to maximum? My 820 produced bubbles everytime i try to restrict its flow by closing the adjustment ring (this is the big one with the gratings, not the blue knob).

sorry to hear about your nemo. which kind is it? i think some species more prone to jumping than others. my maroon always stay at the bottom sweeping the sandbed and mess up my landscape.

.. and i agree the manual wasnt very useful, especially misled me to search hig hand low for one of the brackets shown in the drawings, but actually not included in the package.

Hi,

Yes, the flow adjustment ring is set to maximum.

It was a True Percula Clownfish... :cry2:

Does True Percular more prone to jumping :shock:

Noticed that they like like to play/swim against the water flow near the surface, maybe they play until too excited, then... :fear:

Same here, looking high and low for the parts as well...