yellowfin tuna's tank in-progress

yellowfin tuna

• SRC Member

hi guys,,,

just reset my tank recently, threw away all my LR and DSB. i thought of posting my progress so that i can share with you guys what i am doing and will be doing to my tank. In this way,,,,, you guys can help to advise me if i am doing anything wrong......

Firstly,,, i am starting my tank without any DBS. all my rocks are basically branch rocks...... running the system now for abt a month..... should be adding some fish soon.. :eyeblur:

post-34-1129273421.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
unique rockscape!

whoa!..throw away LR..*sobs*..should have given to me

thanks for ur compliment...

jem,,,, so sorry,... actually i posted on the pasar malam thread,,,, giving the LR away.... sometime in sept05......

anyway,, the LR was in a veri bad state...... covered completely with red aglae... u will hve a hard time cleaning them........ :pinch:

• SRC Member

Bro,

Nice rockwork. :yeah:

Your LR looks quite big so make sure that they are properly secured esp. as you are going BB. You dun want the rocks toppling onto the bare glass base..

BTW, have you manage to fix up your new MD 55 to the skimmer?

Cheers

Shawn

• SRC Member
Bro,

Nice rockwork. :yeah:

Your LR looks quite big so make sure that they are properly secured esp. as you are going BB. You dun want the rocks toppling onto the bare glass base..

BTW, have you manage to fix up your new MD 55 to the skimmer?

Cheers

Shawn

the md55 is up and running well...... the 5 chromis are fine also.. eating well,,, weekend will check water perimeter....... <_<

• SRC Member

Bro,

You should cut down your light photoperiod to ard 6 to 8 hours. 13 hours is a bit excessive esp since you do not have any corals yet and only have some chromis.

Dun worry too though, new tanks always seem to suffer from some form of algae growth.

Cheers

• SRC Member
Bro,

You should cut down your light photoperiod to ard 6 to 8 hours. 13 hours is a bit excessive esp since you do not have any corals yet and only have some chromis.

Dun worry too though, new tanks always seem to suffer from some form of algae growth.

Cheers

no prob shawn,,, will cut down from tomolo onwards..... thanks for the advice,,,, :eyeblur: