Any hang-on skimmer to recommend?

ocellaris_clownfish

Ya, a website did say so. It said the skimmer is designed for 180g but they dont recommend it above 75g...

if 75g, still good for my tank ;)

Always gd to get a skimmer that can handle more than ur tank volume, the bigger the better. :lol: I've used the Jebo 180 for the past few mths for my 3 ft tank with sump. Just upgrade to Macro A350, guess wat, after few hrs of 'firing' it started to skim out 'ginger' color of waste. I was suprise with the result as new skimmer need 1-2 days to run-in. Guess the jebo 180 is not working that good.

Now wondering if the skimmer is far more over-rated for my tank is there any disadvantage? Any bros, like to give some comments? Thks

• SRC Member

hang ons usually have their pumps in the water which, like mentioned earlier by zeotz, affects the heat and aesthetics. Not nice to have just one pump hanging there right? Off hand the only 2 i can think of without pump in water is deltec mce600 and prizm skimmer. However, for a 4ft tank....i think its safe to say i'm better off with the deltec.

As to having a skimmer rated for a larger tank than yours, the result is overskimming. As for the goods and bads, some people have practises such as turning the skimmer off for 1-2 hours after feeding plankton and dosing elements coz they want it to be absorbed first.

There are more articles about overskimming in the forum...can go check it out.

• SRC Member
hang ons usually have their pumps in the water which, like mentioned earlier by zeotz, affects the heat and aesthetics. Not nice to have just one pump hanging there right? Off hand the only 2 i can think of without pump in water is deltec mce600 and prizm skimmer. However, for a 4ft tank....i think its safe to say i'm better off with the deltec.

As to having a skimmer rated for a larger tank than yours, the result is overskimming. As for the goods and bads, some people have practises such as turning the skimmer off for 1-2 hours after feeding plankton and dosing elements coz they want it to be absorbed first.

There are more articles about overskimming in the forum...can go check it out.

thanks for the advices...

hm...what about Weipro skimmer? Are they for hang-on too?

also eyeing weipro 2013...good?