Most Lousy Tank In The World

Giritharan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a poka dot snapper and only will eat fish when it is big now at its juv size, don't think it will eat the clown

agogo sweetlips..

it will go to veri big size n the dotty patches will be gone.

then will be a dull brown colour, will u still love it then..?

btw yr tank is pretty nice scaped. but u need

to borrow some books from library n ask more qns here.

anemone pls check their requirement before buying them.

since you already "cycled" your tank, u may still

like to note how the actual cycling works. Getting

a better understanding on the foundation helps you

in your future setting up, maybe like yr new 4ft.

Hmmm...$500 US dollars? Bwuahaha

Can..possible..go for triple T5...then the 4 feet ...4 feet X 1.5 ft X 1.5 ft...

Or best..the height of the tank reduce to 1 ft...then the light intensity sure can keep sps already. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
sorry to dampen your spirit but with $500, its best not to think about a 4ft tank.

I saw a Deep 2 and a half feet tank worth only 389$S, Maybe i will buy, it have its own lighitng system, filtering system, cabinet

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member

Thats a poka dot snapper and only will eat fish when it is big now at its juv size, don't think it will eat the clown

Regarding the Sweet lips, i have already sold it back to the shop for a exchange of a pink coral.. dont know name,, i will take picture tomorrow and attach it to this topic.

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member

I saw a Deep 2 and a half feet tank worth only 389$S, Maybe i will buy, it have its own lighitng system, filtering system, cabinet

Best Regards,

Giritharan

The cabinet can put sump anot?The tank have built in overflow box?The lighting and the filter wont be enough most probably.

• SRC Member

The cabinet can put sump anot?The tank have built in overflow box?The lighting and the filter wont be enough most probably.

It is build such a way,that it looks like a Over flow box, and also very good filtering system.. those in the tank.. about 1/4 of it is taken for filtering alone, About the lighint.. comfim it is no good,,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member
From your description,i reckon its IOS.Thats more for freshwater use.And if it is built in such a way that the water inlet is at the bottom,than its even more useless.

Maybe, Any way, it is selling in Pet Mart, Today i bought Eheim External Filter, and it is working reall well,,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member

Wha.... Giritharan's thread always attract many reefers to give comments..

Wha after a few weeks never see your thread and u r back now...

Wha seem like its geting better than your last first attempt... which have many problem rite?

Your sea fan issit bought from hawaii marine... i saw this one there... ^^ :look:

• SRC Member
Wha.... Giritharan's thread always attract many reefers to give comments..

Wha after a few weeks never see your thread and u r back now...

Wha seem like its geting better than your last first attempt... which have many problem rite?

Your sea fan issit bought from hawaii marine... i saw this one there... ^^ :look:

Haha thats me, Like Attention seeking when need help lol:), ANy way how you are doing?, O regarding the Sea Fans i bought it from Dunlop street, there is a new marine shop there, selling quit cheap.. i bought this sea fan like for only 10$ :), Today about 10 pm or so, i will give you and everyone here a update of my tank,:)

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member

Picture NO:2

Bought it from Seletar Fish Farm, this fishes are called: DartFish Category,,

Speicfications:

Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons

Care Level: Easy

Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12

Temperament: Peaceful

Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 3"

Reef Compatible: Yes

Diet: Carnivore

Compatibility: View Chart

Origin: Maldives

Family: Gobiidae

post-34-1064120936.jpg

• SRC Member

your sea fan is really beautiful. but it would be more beautiful if it opens up its polyps. place it in an area of strong current.

I doubt its your tube anemone causing that mess.

Classic is the series not the model .

Im sure u know your lights are wayy too insufficient to maintain a healthy anemone

Which shop did u buy that NO.5 From?

that pink coral is called a cauliflower coral which is of the Dendrophyta sp... almost impossible to keep alive even by most advanced aquarists. Cause real dedication is needed to feed the animals .

that sea fan is a deep water fan, also another invert very hard to keep alive even with target feeding of live rotifers and phytoplankton. it is also non-photosynthetic. people who don't know much about ends up looking at its beauty only to see it waste away in a matter of weeks.

you could have really used all that money and spent it wisely on better equipment.

you tank has not even really went through its cycling stage entirely, judging by that whole patch of diatoms beside your tube.

The people here are trying to refrain from flaming you already....seeking attention.... oh man..... what a way to put it.

• SRC Member
Which shop did u buy that NO.5 From?

Same bought it from Dunlop street for $15,

Also Today i am going to seletar, Could you recommand me some very colourful corals that will fit with lightning system temperoly till i get my Ati T5 Light,

Best Regards,

Giritharan