Shifting, Changing Tank.

maxifire

• SRC Member

Hi,

I might be moving house some time soon.. and I will be switching over to a 2ft tank with deeper depth. During this time, I will be keeping my existing tank water into 25L jerry cans and also will be switching the live rocks, filter, skimmer and everything from the existing tank to the new tank. Transportation to my new house will take about 5-10mins.

I was wondering whether will there be another short/long cycling process that will greatly affect my fishes? If yes, I hope there are some kind soul out there who would offer some of their tank space for my mated pair of Percula Clown fishes :eyebrow:

Other LS in my tank: 4 Trochus Snails

Thanks

• SRC Member
Are you using a DSB? if so how long has it been setup already.

DOnt let your liverocks die and use back the water from your old tank. And there shouldnt be another cycle.

Currently I am not using DSB. But I intend to do that after I've switched to the other tank which has deeper depth. It has been up for about 2 months already.

Don't let the LRs die? Will it die if it's taken out from water for about 1hr? I know it should not be exposed to sunlight. 1hr, considering the time taken to to travel there, prepare the sand and etc..

• SRC Member

CHances, when shifting is that most of the living creatures in the live rocks will sure die by heat, And for the first few days you may have some Ammonia Increase.

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member
CHances, when shifting is that most of the living creatures in the live rocks will sure die by heat, And for the first few days you may have some Ammonia Increase.

Best Regards,

Giritharan

I intend to keep the LRs in a pail filled with a bit of existing tank water and place a pail cover over it to prevent the heat from going in. Will placing the pail at the passenger seat. Lets hope that the heat doesn't get too intense. :angel: