Fiji Lr

Hi AlfaRomeo,

I have been there before and bought couple of Kg from there. The rocks looks ok and by the way at the end of my shopping there they took note of my NRIC for CITIES documentation purpose.

The Latin name stated on the tax invoice is as such: SCLERACTINA SP

Actual price is $20/kg but there is a 20% discount which is $16/kg.

Look for a guy named Jone( hope my spelling is correct). When I was first there, he helped me choose and stack the rock for me to look at and it nearly went beyond my budget. Luckily I controlled the amout of rocks.

I would suggest that you don't buy all the 80kg one shot. Scape your tank step by step. They will roll wetted newspaper ard the rock and place them in a styrofoam box. take note of the time needed for you to setup the LR since if you buy all 80kg, they can't be left in the box for so long.

All their rock are cured ones.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Have checked the thread out and found it very useful. thanks for that!

Will be putting 2 streams on opposite ends of the tank so circulation wont be a problem even with all LR i think.

Can i enlist yer help once the project begins? need advice and help on location ...

• SRC Member

Tak : 6x2.5x2 or 6x2.5x2.5 ( have not decided which yet)

Lights : 3 x 250W 14k MH with 2 x actinics FL

Skimmer : AquaC ev240

Chiller : Titanium Chiller 1.25HP

Circulation : 2 x streams 6000 with controller

What do you think about the equipment list? anything i left out apart from Calcium reactor which i will look into buying after a while?

• SRC Member
What do you think of organizing a club outing to my place when the tank is ready for the project to begin? can treat it like a workshop for newbies on how to initially setup a proper marine tank..... hehe

i think this is a great idea but i am not sure if you would want 10-20 pple in your house.

• SRC Member
Where you staying? Me in the east :-) Transport wont be an Issue if you are willing to spend the time :-)

Do they deliver the LR to our home cos 80kg , i am sure cant fit in the boot :-)

AlfaRomeo,

me stay in the east 2... which part in the east r u stayin'???

i wld suggest tat u buy a mixture of rockz... fiji / plate / staghorn / norm. thiz way, it will look more natural. moreover hvin' staghornz will make placin' of coralz easier coz of the branchez. agree???