Relocation!

Jaslyn

• SRC Member

haiz... I'm also leaving for states. Honestly i think the best way is to find someone who will take good care of the fishies. If someone got the heart and the passion, giving away is not an issue don't you think?

anyway europe ah? wah.. its the home of eheim and dennerle the later being a strong brand for planted tank products. but i think fish keeping there is crazy. I travelled in Berlin once, fish shop sell 1 neon tetra at 2Euro. down here $1 get 3 neon tetra... maybe if their fish is imortal.. got a stay alive for the next 5yrs gurantee ok lar.. but... one for 2 euro? i wonder how much marine will cost.

safe trip!

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

thats why.Beside having feeling for the fishes already.If give away to good new owner,certainly its no issue but it would mean impossible to keep fish over there anymore.

8yrs ago,our initiate stage of stay in singapore was only 9mths so we told a good friend of ours in Germany to take care of our 2 angora bunnies.But the stay dragged till now.Our bunnies became their kids after those long yrs.Until last week then I got the info that the both bunnie died one after another. My friend was crying bitterly over the phone. Imagine how much feeling she had for them,after a yr of their passing away,she still feels the pain..

Anyway the move back to Europe would not change.For the sake of my hubby's career,the proper upbringing of my 3 kids... something has to be sacrifies... beside fishes...another issue would be my 15yrs old rough collie...it would be stressful to put her on long distance flight and climate changes but to leave her here,no way we could find it in our heart to do it...

• SRC Member

Aiyo damm drama lar.. and u seem to have a zoo man! haha! If i were you, I'd bring the dog. Imagine how the dog feels to be left behind. and you said 15yrs!? thats like damm long la.

how i see it is, to you, u dont want the dog to suffer, but to the dog, its towards the end of its life, and all it wants is to stay by the owner and finish its purpose. Not say i'm cursing your doggy, bring it along la. quarantine's gonna be abit of a problem, but bring it along la. i think its quite comforting for the dog to know that its going along with u and thats what it would want.

leaving it behind, will probably leave it to think that you're abandoning him/her at old age. not a very nice feeling lor. Dogs have depression one leh.. i'm sure u know.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

the old dog definitely coming with us.She has been with us for the past 15yrs for the few relocation. Germany doesnt need quarantine.The last time she went back there ,she was only 4 yrs old.She seems much happier there working as a slad dog during winter for my then toddler gal haha :lol:

• SRC Member

:off: I want to share this very pathetic funny thing that just happened.Related to my blood parrot.Anyway side track a bit ok.

I usually feed the BP with live baits like frogs,fish,prawns but since I was pregnant with my baby,I tried not to 'kill' so I used frozen brine shrimp to subsitute

I havent been feeding the that since the birth of my son cos I have been really busy.I only fed them every alternate days with dry pellets.

I have half pkt of frozen brine shrimp in the freezer for over 2 months.This evening I was going to feed them with it.Went to the freezer,searched the whole freezer,couldnt find.Asked maid if she sees a half packet of 'something' at the top drawer.She looked panic,she apologized and says she didnt know she cant eat that,she fried egg with it to go along with rice.... :nc:

eerr.... I dont know should i tell her those are for my fish.... I guess frozen brine shrimp cant be more gross if thats frozen blood worms right?

:off: I want to share this very pathetic funny thing that just happened.Related to my blood parrot.Anyway side track a bit ok.

I usually feed the BP with live baits like frogs,fish,prawns but since I was pregnant with my baby,I tried not to 'kill' so I used frozen brine shrimp to subsitute

I havent been feeding the that since the birth of my son cos I have been really busy.I only fed them every alternate days with dry pellets.

I have half pkt of frozen brine shrimp in the freezer for over 2 months.This evening I was going to feed them with it.Went to the freezer,searched the whole freezer,couldnt find.Asked maid if she sees a half packet of 'something' at the top drawer.She looked panic,she apologized and says she didnt know she cant eat that,she fried egg with it to go along with rice.... :nc:

eerr.... I dont know should i tell her those are for my fish.... I guess frozen brine shrimp cant be more gross if thats frozen blood worms right?

I dun blame her cuz he mistook me to be Tall & Handsome. :P;)

Anyway if it is Mysis, its should be good with eggs. But Brine Shrimp???!!! I duuno man..... <_<

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381