My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• SRC Member

Yes... But mine only 1 bubble so may be hard to get it changed.... Yes... Its an eye sore and I am quite worried about the integrity of the glass. Don't want to wake up half way and have my living flooded.

So its confirm a bubble? meaning trap in between the glassesand not the chip markings? I remembered that the tank maker did said this, there are only unsightful but won't crack :huh: How big is the bebble? Mine is like 0.1mm :pinch:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

0.1 cm or mm? 0.1 mm hard to measure leh... Mine should be 1 to 1.5mm... Its traped in the middle of the glass... U can somehow feel it on one side of the glass but not the other side. Now a bit sian. Dunno should fill up with water or not.

• SRC Member

sori. its 1 mm. :rolleyes: Did u try to consult with ur tank maker? My experience is that when u fill up with water and under lighting, it'll become more visible. :( Check see whether can have it replace. tell him its not wat u wanted and u paid so much $$$$ for it B)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Yes get it changed... IMO bubbles on glass (especially front panel) is unacceptable... I'm sure your tank maker will take up the responsibility :) It's as bad as buying a LCD TV to find dead pixels on it :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Yes get it changed... IMO bubbles on glass (especially front panel) is unacceptable... I'm sure your tank maker will take up the responsibility :) It's as bad as buying a LCD TV to find dead pixels on it :(

Yup... I agreed with Jervis. Its me who paid for the tank. And I expect good service and products from the seller. Its customers satisfaction. Getting them to change, I think they would do it, as they need to think of their reputation in this game industry :)

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the advise. Tankmaker (gerrard) is going to take the tank back. Seems like tank was made by David. They going to replace it but going to wait two weeks... My live rocks die liao.... Anywhere I can rent a blue tub?

Just put powerhead for 2 weeks can last?

Thanks for all the advise. Tankmaker (gerrard) is going to take the tank back. Seems like tank was made by David. They going to replace it but going to wait two weeks... My live rocks die liao.... Anywhere I can rent a blue tub?

Just put powerhead for 2 weeks can last?

Yes 2 weeks with pumps is sufficient... if possible, I suggest you run a simple protein skimmer and a FR (phosphat remover)... this is the proper way to handle LR btw :)

Maybe try to lay some traps too... to catch mantis and crabs :pirate:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Dun have a simple protein skimmer leh. FR I have lah... Maybe buy a lao po macro or weipro for the time being...

Yes that will suffice... and also add much needed oxygen into the curing tank :lol:

• SRC Member
Show me the birthday surprise from T95~!

As my bird day's getting closer, My wife went out to get me a advance present. :paiseh: Its a swordtail angel :lol: Anyone ever kept this in a LPS tank ? Does it nip at meaty corals. Currently now in a beta tank

post-34-1163087202.jpg

As my bird day's getting closer, My wife went out to get me a advance present. :paiseh: Its a swordtail angel :lol: Anyone ever kept this in a LPS tank ? Does it nip at meaty corals. Currently now in a beta tank

I have no experience with this nice angel... but do more research before you release it into the main tank :heh:

• SRC Member

I have no experience with this nice angel... but do more research before you release it into the main tank :heh:

from wat i know, this fellow is reef safe and have seen pple keeping it in their reef LPS tank. But is this fish like flame angel ? 50 % risks to keep in LpS tank ? :look: