My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

I heard they usually spawn during full moon :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro, never see you tdy. :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

alamak.... I busy till forgot liao... other day,can ?

no problem. . . i also havent start the CR yet.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

Full moon? That I wun know.... Hmm... I quite scare of keeping clams... LAst time lots of problems and always die on me. Think I will go for cheaper stuff...

so far, I got lotsa of clam casualties too. But the beauty of its natural color attracts me so much tat I can't resisit the temptation to buy. Thinking when opportunity knocks on me again, I'll get a few more :paiseh: But need to seriously think letting go some of my corals to make space for the clams. :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

dude, how's ur tank? sld have taken leave to take care of the toxic cuke.

Your experience is not individual, i heard at least two other similar instances.

This is the occassion when a beckett can perform to its fullest and prob works even better than the needlewheel skimmers in churning out the junk. Perhaps i sld standby a keckett skimmer in case of emergency.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Your experience is not individual, i heard at least two other similar instances.

This is the occassion when a beckett can perform to its fullest and prob works even better than the needlewheel skimmers in churning out the junk. Perhaps i sld standby a keckett skimmer in case of emergency.

bro,

hope ur casulty is okie. if need help, just ring us will do.

i have similar experience when my RBTA went into my filter.

sorry to hear that. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

Brother U want 3 skimmer???? Your other two should be powerful enough right? I dun think a skimmer choose the tye of toxic it wants to remove...

• SRC Member

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry: SCREAMMmmmmm....

Tragedy Strike when I was out last. My wife called me at abt near 10pm saying a sound came from my tank and that she saw some waste material like shit coming from the rtn pump pipe> next was tat the skimmer was skimming a lot of foam as describe by my wife. :cry: Never did I imagine tat a cuke was grind up by the rtn pump :cry2: A mere 2.5 inch sea cukes could do some much harm by its toxic!!! 90% of my fishes died :cry::cry2: Corals bedaving in a weird manner. Mushy and yumas spew out their intestines. Zoas open up their mouth so BIG which I had never see before. Other corals also slime alot Totally in mess. N almost like a tank crash :cry:

Worst still is that I can't buy water to change at that time and I'm working and could do nothing till I'm back from work at evening hrs

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Brother U want 3 skimmer???? Your other two should be powerful enough right? I dun think a skimmer choose the tye of toxic it wants to remove...

Bro thanks for the offer of the skimmer to help me tide over this tragedy. But my aquaC180 is still able to cope. The amt of skimmate is overwhelming and from last night till now, still skimming alot. I'll be changing 50% water and throw in activated carbon to absorb the toxic when I'm back from work. This is the worst day of my life. So helpless and sigh.... lost.... :cry2:

• SRC Member

The toxic from the cut up sea cucumber(2.5inch) spread and effects my lifestocks so fast that within 1.5 hrs, it wipe out 60 % :cry2: NEVER WILL I GET A SEA CUCUMBER OR ANEMONE IN FUTURE :evil::ph34r:

• SRC Member

bro,

hope ur casulty is okie. if need help, just ring us will do.

i have similar experience when my RBTA went into my filter.

sorry to hear that. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thanks Hammy for the intention to help me out. I'm asking Kenneth to help me get the carbon and he's coming to my hse this evening. Fishes mostly died. now left with a blue Tang, scooter and mandarin. Blenny and purple Tang was in breathing difficult when I left for work :cry:

Paul, Guess usually after this kind of ordeal and trauma, more often than not, it feels like giving up after wat the effort that put in was suddenly crashed and wiped out by such sad incident. I should not have added a sea cucumber in the first place, but its too late for regrets now

The toxic from the cut up sea cucumber(2.5inch) spread and effects my lefestocks so fastthat with 1.5 hrs, it wipe out 60 % :cry2: NEVER WILL I GET A SEA CUCUMBER OR ANEMONE IN FUTURE :evil::ph34r:

bro, cheer up.

The end of nightmare but a new beginning dawning.

at least tonight is friday, will pop by later.

there is a time for everything -ecclesiates.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

bro, cheer up.

The end of nightmare but a new beginning dawning.

at least tonight is friday, will pop by later.

there is a time for everything -ecclesiates.

Ya..... poor healthy fishes was so happyswimming and eating when such thing happen. Just like the Sept 11 incident. Happen so fast. Will contact u and kenneth abt the timing when I'm home. My hse will be in a mess tonight :( So helpless now at work, can't do anything