large tank with less equipment

ekky_erian

Hi bro...

i've plan to make my new tank 2.5mx1.2mx1.5m (about 1100 gals), pls advice...

planning equipment:

1. no heavy light installed(MH, VHO) Only from "sunlight" and TL daylight 40watt 3ea turn on at night

2. no chiller installed,the temp will maintain from heat transfer of concrete wall and ground . 5 days observation of my pond having fluctuation temp day time 26-29c and 23-26c night time.

3. install calc reac / kalkwesser what capacity?

4.install skimmer what capacity? (I've been made DIY becket skimmer 1.5m with 2 injector... is it enough?)

5.glass thickness 20mm front and left/right side

6.water top off system

7.auto feeding artemia, rotifera, phytoplankton (culturing in 1mx0.5mx0.5m refugium)

8.phospat absorber, macro algae and mangrove in sump tank

9.fluidized filter with carbon active 5 kg kap

sketch dwg:

kolam.jpg

note:tembok beton=concrete

sorry man, am in no position to provide help!!

it sure is a big tank coming along! hope you get it well done. are you in sg?? that's going to be a MASSIVE TANK.

i'm from Indonesia, it's the biggest tank plan I ever have

don't know enough to give you answers but hope this link helps

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdis...?s=&forumid=252

you'll find plenty of large tank setups there and maybe you'll be able to get a rough idea the type/size of equipment needed.

looking forward to more updates on your setup

the idea are from above site... unfortunattely we have different season with them... in RC mostly member were keeping indoor style but the planning of tank place are in voyage area, at that place sun will shining every day (i'll reduce the heat affect by installing mesh upon the tank)

in this link:

http://forum.o-fish.com/viewtopic.php?t=13795

we've alredy discuss with serious debate :upsidedown: point debate are n/a chiller and n/a MH or VHO... I assume w/o installing it's item the basic requiremnet of temp and kelvin needs still meet, cause we are living in tropical with shaddy environment (using mesh) in those area...

why I choose not using those equipment... basicly it's cause hi cost maintenance and electric consumption. some author having opinion that sunlight will raise slimming algae or other grows rapidly and environment are not always steady of temperature due to season affect. the system will unballance finnally...

this project should start running in june 2005 but.. until now i'm still worry if I'll make mistake in design and plan.