My nano 24g cube

Marinesavy

The weather is very hot indeed. Getting my chiller tomorrow. Let's hope the chiller will not heat up my room instead, lol.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe bought the wrong rubber tube, so cannot install yesterday. But when I on it for testing, it sounds kinda noisy to me... well let's see.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Hehe bought the wrong rubber tube, so cannot install yesterday. But when I on it for testing, it sounds kinda noisy to me... well let's see.

jervis.

Keep me posted yah? Let me know your review and purchase price and from where? :thanks:

jervis.

Keep me posted yah? Let me know your review and purchase price and from where? :thanks:

The Teco RA240 is quite a workhorse... it works like a horse and looks like one too! lol

Not very refine in apprearance and it's a tiny bit noisy too. But it's good for a 24g. Able to bring down 4ºC within 15 mins. Luckily my tank is still unstocked, or else the LS will surely get heart attack! lol

Bought it from reefdepot.com.sg

Go check out the promo price, they deliver the next day and the box is kinda huge, make sure your LFS delivers! lol

post-69-1141390436.jpg

For price, check reefdepot.

No need timer la, it comes with a very accurate thermostat. So whenever my water is higher than 29.1ºC, it will start the chiller (for 5-10 min) and bring it down to 28ºC. Coz I set it as 28ºC. Now no coral, so safe energy la. Just wanna try how this thing works.

Overall, not too bad la. As I've mentioned earlier... it's a workhorse that looks like one too :erm:

Hi Jerv,

Any reason why you prefer TECO to the CL280? Its expensive indeed. Whats the biggest tank capacity it can chill?

Als can you show us your set up with the tubing and all?

Thanks

I chose TECO brand is because they are well established, manufacturing reliable chillers for many years (partly coz Italian brand). A lot of bros here use it to chill their 2 feet tank comfortably. So I will say 50 to 60g easily. And I purposely choose a overpower model to allow for my future upgrading (do not buy equipments for a nano tank... you'll be stuck), also so that the chiller doesn't have to run all the time (coz it cools faster). My chiller takes less than 15min to bring 1ºC down without MH, 20min with MH. So a small chiller (micro) will take forever... resulting in high energy consumption.

Refer to attached pix for set up. I use normal rubber tube.

Stock NC pump ---> Chiller ----> Stock NC outlet

Got a feeling I might need a stronger pump, but can't "tahan" the noise. This stock pump is virtually silence.

post-69-1141531031.jpg

I've always loved the way a NC looks esp with the curvy stand...makes a great piece of deco in the house. Anyway, nice looking tank!~ :)

Yeah that is without all the wires, cables, buckets & etc. surrounding it!!! Ok, I got your subtle point... will try to tidy the place a bit especially the electrical wiring and plugs. Yes, the "S" stand is pretty "gay". :peace:

All reefer have the same thinking :) guess, will try not to make it happen.

haha... it's a bit difficult isnt it .

constant upgrading of skimmer and light is always on my mine haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

haha... it's a bit difficult isnt it .

constant upgrading of skimmer and light is always on my mine haha

That's why a good rule of thumb is buy equipments for the future, not for now... lol. Buy things that are double its required capacity. That's what I've been doing, rather run most of them in low mode coz I know... 2 months down the road, my hand will start to itch! lol

• SRC Member

Upgrading is a never ending process....and of course buying equipment that are over-sized/rated is good...if you can afford to. Hehe, im still stuck with my cheapo 3 ft T5s. The amt Jerv spent on the equipment can buy my whole 3FT tank already....with everything inside! :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Upgrading is a never ending process....and of course buying equipment that are over-sized/rated is good...if you can afford to. Hehe, im still stuck with my cheapo 3 ft T5s. The amt Jerv spent on the equipment can buy my whole 3FT tank already....with everything inside! :lol:

Well... I am not trying to boast, but it's quite true, perhaps a 4 feet tank, lol. Wait a minute! Why am I still stuck with a Nano Cube? lol

• 2 months later...