Cherry Grouper (Variola louti)

Hi, anyone else keeping this fish? What do i feed it with? It eats frozen mysis, but too bad not pellets like my marine betta.

Couldnt resist buying it.. very nice fish. Always hungry though, just 1 day inside my tank and it ate the smallest fish already. It swallowed a small goby i caught from changi. heng the rest of my fishes are mush bigger.

• SRC Member
Hi, anyone else keeping this fish? What do i feed it with? It eats frozen mysis, but too bad not pellets like my marine betta.

Couldnt resist buying it.. very nice fish. Always hungry though, just 1 day inside my tank and it ate the smallest fish already. It swallowed a small goby i caught from changi. heng the rest of my fishes are mush bigger.

Try feeding frozen prawn and fish meat (the type we eat)... if you want, can try feeding it live freshwater shrimps, to see its natural hunting behaviour. Btw, how much did you buy the cherry grouper for? It's the pink and white colour one right?

$8 from a LFS in yishun. i think aquamarin got sell.

well i fed it live mollies at first, but now it prefers frozen mysis shrimps.... he swallows the whole cube.. :pinch:

Its pink with purple dots, when i bought it there was another one with it that was pink and white, i think its more juvenile stage...