LR scaping..

Hi all... :lol: erhm am gonna start LRscaping this sat.. and am seeking some advice on how to scape them (eg bigger LRs bottom or top) or any websites for reference hopefully got imgs...

Tank is 2.5ft tall.. erhm and erhm 3ft in length. Dun actually feel like piling all the rocks up.. have seen some "play cheat" by using racks and using the LRs to hide it (to create illusion that there is actually a HUGE pile of LRs)

Erhm.. nxt qns: what type of material of tubing should i use to form the rack/where can i get any readily available ones? Will it harm the LS in time to come? Thx :peace:

• SRC Member
Hi all... :lol: erhm am gonna start LRscaping this sat.. and am seeking some advice on how to scape them (eg bigger LRs bottom or top) or any websites for reference hopefully got imgs...

Tank is 2.5ft tall.. erhm and erhm 3ft in length. Dun actually feel like piling all the rocks up.. have seen some "play cheat" by using racks and using the LRs to hide it (to create illusion that there is actually a HUGE pile of LRs)

Erhm.. nxt qns: what type of material of tubing should i use to form the rack/where can i get any readily available ones? Will it harm the LS in time to come? Thx :peace:

hi bro..you can view some of the seniors or bro's tank in the tank thread to have some ideas..or look up in magazines..as for the racks,PVC pipes are used and eggcrates too ;) it will not do any harm to the LRs

• SRC Member
Ahh arigatou! Very fast reply :D

Any PVCs will do? I was asking around.. they sae.. erhm wat grade wat thingy i was like :blink: and i thank them and walk away haha so asked aronud here first.. if theres a special material for the pipes to be used

oh..buy thoose grey pvc pipes,you tell them its used for fish..they would know..theres two kind...thin ones and thick ones..buy thoose thick pipes.. ;)

• SRC Member

No worries, ich parasite will not house in your liverocks.

But i think it's still better to do a FW bath for ur existing LR to get rid of any unwanted hitchhikers first just in case.

As for scaping, try to create a lift on the LR to provide water circulation beneath them. u can do a read up on www.about.com to find out how to do tat.

And don't lean any LR on ur tank walls, this will create unnecessay stress on ur tank.

Racks are useful for creating caves for example if u're not intending to use rock bonders. But take note not to overload the racks.

Hope this helps ;)

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

Somebody,

Many brands in the market.

I have 1 tube but untill now still haven't use.

I like to play LR stacko. (i'm good at uno stacko too :lol: )

ad_aware,

Really ....

Do not over stress the rack.

Remember that they are supposed to

last long long. So undue stress over time

might result in very flat flat fishes. :pinch:

PS(put up some photos in the members tank thread 4us2c ok!?)

• SRC Member

Yup many brands of rock bonders. but personally i won't recommend using, cos doesn't offer u flexibility in future.. say when u want to rearrange the rocks.. tedious process to separate them again..

For me i like to do stack-ups to create caves.. and since i dun many many rocks, i also never use rack cos they'll look ugly when exposed.

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef