DIY DI Water Purification System

May&Bruce

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
No problem but done have extra resin for the 7th person as I only manage to get 6 litre from bro blenny.

Here's the list of names so far. Will need you guys to commit to a date so please place your preferable dates

1)shootsimon

2)Zorden

3)Maxstar81

4)Anthony

5)Gouldian

6)Hmkui

7)playtation2 ---> 18/02

My preferable date

• SRC Member

Some good news. I drop by C328 yesterday and checked out the price for the DIY parts.

1) Clear filter housing (Brand Amdus FH-BSC10) is $20 each ($6 cheaper than the Showa Brand)

2) Sediment filter cartridge comes with it

3) Granular Activated Carbon cartridge $14 ($7 cheaper)

There are other choice of filter to choose from. Below is the list.

I) PP10(1um) Grade AA PP Melt Blown Sediment filter $3

II) CTO10(5um) Carbon Block $10

III) CTO10(0.5um) Carbon Block $20

IIII) ACTO10(0.5um) Acid Wash Carbon Wash $40

All items need to pre order first as they don't keep stock.

So total cost is 3 x filter housing $60

1 x Carbon cartridge $14

1 liter Resin $10

2 x connectors less than $5

1 x 1/2" Speedfit elbow $3.80

1 x 1/2" hose input fittting $1.20

2 x female halves bulkhead less than $3

1 x PVC pipe less than $2

Total Cost $99 unless I miss out some parts

As for the DIY date, have mention earlier please put your preferable dates. Majority wins. Please PM me your contacts and will discuss the method of $$$. I don't have lots of cash with me.

Here's my contact 9844 9446

11 Feb Sat (don't think its possible as its quite late already)

1)Maxstar81

12 Feb Sun (still visible but need everyone to commit and pm me your number)

18 Feb Sat (most likly as still have some time to gather the items needed for the DIY)

1)Shootsimon

2)playstation2

Location of DIY, Bedok Reservoir View my place or any other suggestion?

11 Feb Sat (don't think its possible as its quite late already)

1)Maxstar81

12 Feb Sun (still visible but need everyone to commit and pm me your number)

18 Feb Sat (most likly as still have some time to gather the items needed for the DIY)

1)Shootsimon

2)playstation2

3)Gouldian

Location of DIY, Bedok Reservoir View my place or any other suggestion?

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

OK date confirmed for DIY DI unit

18 Feb Sat my place Bedok Reservoir View

Time:

11am

12noon

1pm

2pm

1)shootsimon ---> Confirmed (me riding)

2)Zorden ---> Have transport problem

3)Maxstar81 ---> waiting for reply

4)Anthony ---> Confirmed

5)Gouldian ---> Confirmed

6)Hmkui ---> waiting for reply

7)playtation2 ---> Confirmed

I will place the order for the filter housing tomorrow with C328 if everyone can confirmed by tonight and if its possible to prepare the $$$ as we need to pay uncle upon collection.

BTW anyone wants me to tompang buy the Formular 2 pallets (veggie or meaty ones) since I'm going down to place the order at C328. Its cheaper there by $2.

I will pay the deposit first when ordering and see if their supplier can deliver to my place.

The smaller parts I can go get them next weekdays.

BTW anyone of you drive? If they cannot deliver to my place we might need to go down to pick the filter housing and the Carbon block by ourselves.

• SRC Member
are thes items:

1 liter Resin $10

2 x connectors less than $5

1 x 1/2" Speedfit elbow $3.80

1 x 1/2" hose input fittting $1.20

2 x female halves bulkhead less than $3

1 x PVC pipe less than $2

also available at C328?

:thanks:

Nope. These items most likly will get them from some hardware store. May be will Drop by homely Hardware at ubi to get them. :)

I will be collecting the 6 litre Resin from Bro Blenny Tomorrow morning. And Will drop by the hardware store to check out the items. :heh:

• SRC Member

OK date confirmed for DIY DI unit

18 Feb Sat my place Bedok Reservoir View

Time: confirm 1pm talk ###### over a few bottles wine first and help me finish my CNY goodies, wait for all to arrive and will start around 2pm. Those who has power drill please bring it along. I have all the tools needed but will be great if you guys can bring another.

1)shootsimon ---> Confirmed

2)Maxstar81 ---> Confirmed

3)Anthony ---> Confirmed

4)Gouldian ---> Confirmed

5)Hmkui ---> waiting for reply

6)playstation2 ---> Confirmed

Bro Zorden won't be joining us

Some updates of the pricing

So total cost is 3 x filter housing $51-$54 (Might need help collect if they don't delivery if we didn't met the minimum order of 20pcs)

1 x Carbon Block $12-$14

1 liter Resin $10

2 x connectors for 3 housing $2

1 x 1/2" Speedfit elbow $3.80 and 1 x 1/2" hose input fittting $1.20 or

Elbow and straight joint 1 set for 16mm pipe $6

2 x female halves bulkhead less than $3 and 1 x PVC pipe less than $2 (this is just a rough quote)

Total Cost should be less than $90 unless I miss out some parts :D

• SRC Member

boxfish, that blue part is already there (as part of the filter). regarding the reborn resin, i have no idea what it is like, but unles they are selling the resin already in a cartridge then you will need some sort of tube like that.

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• SRC Member

Hey simon & bruce, caution on the reading of the meters you have that day. some TDS meters are using ppms readings and others are micro siemens / milli siemens. any way the conversion is as below...extracted from reef depot's site on pinpoint tds meter.

The conversions are 33 µS=17.9 ppm=1dH. Good quality reverse osmosis water measures 5–15 µS, while de-ionized water measures 0–1 µS

• SRC Member

Only enough for I more set.

I have a total of 7 litres of resin. That's enough for 7 of us. (managed to get 1 more litre from bro blenny)

As I'm paying for all the items first so please try not to pull out from the list after I've made the order.

Last call till tomorrow noon. Those who wish to join after the 7th person will have no resin to spare. Just wait for the next resin bulk order or alternativly get from LFS.

Here is the list of people

1)shootsimon ---> Confirmed

2)Maxstar81 ---> Confirmed

3)Anthony ---> Confirmed

4)Gouldian ---> Confirmed

5)playstation2 ---> Confirmed

6)alien07 ---> Confirmed

7)Hmkui ---> waiting for reply so if he never reply, the 8th bro in line will get the resin(not free of course :angry:)

I'm thinking after the session we could visit Pasir Ris Fish Farm together. Heard that Iwana has new shipment of soft corals this coming Thursday :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
Hey simon & bruce, caution on the reading of the meters you have that day. some TDS meters are using ppms readings and others are micro siemens / milli siemens. any way the conversion is as below...extracted from reef depot's site on pinpoint tds meter.

The conversions are 33 µS=17.9 ppm=1dH. Good quality reverse osmosis water measures 5–15 µS, while de-ionized water measures 0–1 µS

Thanks bro! Thanks for the help :D

• SRC Member

Good news everyone

Have confirm the pricing of the items needed for 1 set of DI unit.

Here goes

1) 3 x filter housing $51 ($17 per set)

2) 2 x male joint for 3 housing $2

3) 1 set elbow or straight joint 1 set for 16mm pipe $6

4) 1 x 1 micron carbon block $12

5) 1 litre resin $10

6) PVC pipes and the female bulk head (lets just cater $9 should be lesser)

Total cost $90 :D

Anyone has a electric saw? Will need it to cut some plywood to screw the 3 DI sets onto. B)

Paging for bro Hmkui. Will you be joining us! Quick Quick need to confirm the order liao :)

• SRC Member

Hi bro Cool you are most welcome to joint us.

Just to add.

Anyone has a TDS meter please bring it along too. And does anyone know where to get the calibration solvent 700ppm and 800ppm or anyone has it, can bring to share? :P

• SRC Member

Thanks Blenny!!!

Hey, shootsimon....sorry I have not sourced the TDS calibration solution yet - been a hectic week at work. Will try and dfo later this week!

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)