my 3ft

godzillaliu88

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiya... tell your dad this is your passion... calculate all the wattage and show him la... I don't think your set up is draining too much juices... as for me, guilty as charge with my MH and chiller (the 2 heavyweights). No lah, don't waste more money downgrading... your tank got so much potential... how the hell u gonna achieve this kinda scaping with a 1 ft tank? Don't end up like mine, lol :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i changed the full white tube to 50//50

last time with the 20watts. tank at 28c

2 36w tube very hot.

then gonio starts to fade away rapidly.

the water doesnt reduce much at all.3 weeks once. enough.

how i wish i've got a chiller.

keepin my fan on for the day. dad everytime say electricty bill.. blah blah blah.

22watts for the fan.

if my tank got a overflow. i think i can save a lot of power n trouble.

with a sump, i can get a weipro 2011. then my tank swee already.

dad everytime this cannot tat cannot. hear already also sian.

feel like down grading to a 2 or 1 feet with overflow.

LOL... Same here...

So I am downgrading to 2ft Cube in July to prevent listening to those nagging...

Having a 3ft now...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

so thats the noise maker ........ i hear it once a while but never seen it in the tank

Oh I got at least 1 in my tank too... clicking sound every night, mostly at night after the light is off... very annoying!!! Sometimes, I afraid the sound of glass cracking... u guys know how thin my Nano Cube is right? lol

Oh NO!!! Everybody is downgrading... :cry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

bro... for the overflow u maybe interested in this..

http://www.tnreefer.com/overflow.shtml

have the stars open?? if not u can place them close to the light and also at a moderate flow area... when i first got my star i place it on the SB and they did not even open... but when i shift it higher... its like star light star bright!! :eyeblur::huh:

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
bro... for the overflow u maybe interested in this..

http://www.tnreefer.com/overflow.shtml

have the stars open?? if not u can place them close to the light and also at a moderate flow area... when i first got my star i place it on the SB and they did not even open... but when i shift it higher... its like star light star bright!! :eyeblur::huh:

i dont like those with siphon. very troublesome. have to keep adjustin the flow rate.

i want a overflow system in the tank. that would be the best.

for now, think i'll stick to it 1st. think it will be betta to downgrade to a 2ft.

that means must buy new light, troublesome leh.

i'll have to think about it.

Beware of the carpet... it can crash ur tank... if I were u... check on it every hour, once u notice sign of fatality or bad smell... get it out of the tank!!! :( Don't worry bout stars... at least they will not rot and crash... CARPET must be treated with highest alert... care share with us ur latest water parameters?