DIY stand using concrete blks...

chinmo

• SRC Member

hi guys, have anyone tried diying a tank stand like those used in paradiz reef? just by using concrete blks and gd thick wood planks... :huh: Safe? Pls advice.... :bow:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

i dun think you want to scratch your tank with bricks right??

correct me if im wrong..

and a stand??? i dun think it would look good.

Just my 2 cents

How are your SEAHORSES.....?????

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

I think after doing it just use wooden planks to cover the sides and you should have a cabinet...

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member
hi guys, have anyone tried diying a tank stand like those used in paradiz reef? just by using concrete blks and gd thick wood planks... :huh: Safe? Pls advice.... :bow:

i have exactly such a structure for my three footer main tank and a sump tank below.

wooden planks support are made from chenggai wood.

• SRC Member

i have exactly such a structure for my three footer main tank and a sump tank below.

wooden planks support are made from chenggai wood.

Cool! how do u find e stand? stable? where to get e chengai wood and concrete blks? pls advice.... need to save on $$$ :P

Hi Crabs, have stop seahorsing for nearly half a yr.... now am planning to go back when i have my own place next yr.... :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Hi...I did that before for my discus tank..... Its perfectly fine.... Erm... i dont think it really looks ugly.... Kind of have the rough edge feeling of it... By the way what Pr is using are concrete slabs..... and u can purchase at 1 for 60 cents at a few doors away from PR..... i not really sure of the operating hours of the shop.... so u got to try ur luck.... hope this helps.... oh yah.... make sure ur plywood is really really strong.... use two layers by all means,....

• SRC Member
Hi...I did that before for my discus tank..... Its perfectly fine.... Erm... i dont think it really looks ugly.... Kind of have the rough edge feeling of it... By the way what Pr is using are concrete slabs..... and u can purchase at 1 for 60 cents at a few doors away from PR..... i not really sure of the operating hours of the shop.... so u got to try ur luck.... hope this helps.... oh yah.... make sure ur plywood is really really strong.... use two layers by all means,....

Thanks Bro! Cool advice! at least can save abit $$$ Look retro too! :lol:

Actually, i don't think it looks ugly... it can have a nice, "outdoor" feel to it... my main concern with it is that it is not impact resistant..., while concrete bricks can withstand a big load, my fear is that if something knocks into it hard enough, it'll crumble... they can be quite brittle... :)

just my 2 cents worth..., i doubt you'll ever accidentally hit it that hard anyway ;)