Nakazoru's 30G Tankie

nakazoru

not cheap. but very cheap. red cyna, over here, depending on size, will cost 40 min, for a quite small one.

haah bro, when you going again arh? help me get leh...  ^_^  ^_^

Okay okay so it a good deal. Most probably I going next 2 weeks to finish up the project. I see if I will buy more good stuff back. Most probably yes.

Errh, you are collinsoon NTU that stays Toa Payoh right? You mention the last time you want my red algae, but never reply my PM right??? Can consider you a pilot??? Hahaha. :D

Also most of the time, I buy corals and keep the appropraite size and color for myself. Then I will list for trade those that does not fit in, so you wait and see my posting for trade. Since you stay TP, it helps though. :D

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

• Replies 170

i LOVE the colouration of your clam....got it from Sg? :)

Bro Qxnviolet;

No it is from Indonesia the last trip, which I cannot bring in. I miss-read the CITES appendice that GIANT Clam needs permit. Since these are small clam, I thought it is not restricted. But apparentlt small clam is also GIANT clam. :(

Most clam we get in Sg also from indonesia, so I would say "sama sama". Also the blue clam looks good as it is a top shot where you see all colors. ;)

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

oooooooooooo!!! yes yes yes! too busy, forgot bout it le.. algae! i wan i wan!!! cos i wanna put it in my tank, hope my dory eats it... my dory doesnt wanna eat anything dats dead or not meaty.. can i go over tonight?!?!!

Haha, I prune and throw away liao. Understand as you prepare for exan rite. No worries. Wait it grow again and I PM you.

Frag tank !?

Um, so you intent convert your QT to frag tank

or set another tank !?

Yup, better not make her angry.... :P

Hows your kid !? Still shy !? :D

No lah bro.

Bcos I have spare tank and loose frag every where and does not seems to blend in the tank. I also want to rescape so I need a holding tank for the frag for maybe a week. Since I need this holding tank, might as well setup a frag tank since my 30G is out of space.

My kid nvr shy leh, everyone also can carry and nvr shy with new faces. Everyone well and good.

setup a frag tank since my 30G is out of space.

ICIC :D

Wa, like a lot of tanks leh. 1 main, 1 QT & now 1 frag tank. :P

My kid nvr shy leh, everyone also can carry and nvr shy with new faces. Everyone well and good.

Must be my face lah .... He frown when he see me leh.

Must go for ###### to get those pimples cleared..... :lol: Ha ....

• 1 year later...
Nakazoru San, time for an updates :rolleyes: U have been absence for a LONG LONG time already :lol:

Helloooooo Bro... Happy New Year.

Notting to update and toooooo busy. Actually, I renovating house lah... Moving out March...

Planning a new tank though... So sianz... So many things to think abt.

I also whether to sell off the current tank... and LS, but I guess must sell some equipment.

Oh yes I have 3 infant true percs that I taking care now... :whistle

Helloooooo Bro... Happy New Year.

Notting to update and toooooo busy. Actually, I renovating house lah... Moving out March...

Planning a new tank though... So sianz... So many things to think abt.

I also whether to sell off the current tank... and LS, but I guess must sell some equipment.

Oh yes I have 3 infant true percs that I taking care now... :whistle

U have always been so busy with Travelling bro. Where are u moving to ? I remember tat u mention abt get at least 4 or 5 footer tank for ur new house :eyebrow: so wat tank size u looking at ? For the LS, u can do a temp tank and migrate over to new tank ya :rolleyes:

I planning a 5 x 2 x 2.5 footer for my new place. I moving across the road. Moving after CNY.

I trying to squeeze in Everything into the cabinet... trying hard...

I planning a 5 x 2 x 2.5 footer for my new place. I moving across the road. Moving after CNY.

tough but not impossible.. hahaha... if still cannot, get a bigger cabinet.. haha..

I got it going a already...

I squeeze in Chiller (1/2 - 1HP), In-sump Skimmer in 3 ft sump, Ozone Generator.

Doing without CR, FR... But I think without CR will be problem on a long run.... Any small and effective CR for such big tank??

I got it going a already...

I squeeze in Chiller (1/2 - 1HP), In-sump Skimmer in 3 ft sump, Ozone Generator.

Doing without CR, FR... But I think without CR will be problem on a long run.... Any small and effective CR for such big tank??

actually, the size of CR, in my opinion, do not matter. Most impt is to get the correct output..

based on physical size, the only diff is that u store more media and hv to top up less often when u compared between a big and small CR.

dun mind me asking, u able to squeeze ur chiller inside? that is amazing. Which chiller may i ask?

also, if ur cabinet enclosed? if so, u might find it pretty hot inside the cabinet.. also, the chiller is sucking in hot air and the working rate is longer.

Okay, that make a little sense on the CR, maybe get a small size one...

The chiller will be a trail and error, I will cater venting at the sump then out of cabinet...

Great. Must start a new tank thread ya... I.M.O, its a bit hard to squeeze everything inside the tank cabinet :unsure: Kelstorm is right, having a chiller inside might be circulating the hot air, thus might stress the chiller in long run. Salt spray might be another factor to consider to have the chiller inside too. Rust will form and corrode the chiller too.

Y not consider like my design and make another smaller cabinet to conceal ur other equipments for the tank. Tat way, it'll not look unsightly :rolleyes:

Running a CR will be less hassle for u in long run, else u gotta to drip ca and can be quite tiring ... FR can also be run insump to save space too :lol:

Great. Must start a new tank thread ya... I.M.O, its a bit hard to squeeze everything inside the tank cabinet :unsure: Kelstorm is right, having a chiller inside might be circulating the hot air, thus might stress the chiller in long run. Salt spray might be another factor to consider to have the chiller inside too. Rust will form and corrode the chiller too.

Y not consider like my design and make another smaller cabinet to conceal ur other equipments for the tank. Tat way, it'll not look unsightly :rolleyes:

Running a CR will be less hassle for u in long run, else u gotta to drip ca and can be quite tiring ... FR can also be run insump to save space too :lol:

Ya, I know it can be bad for circulation, But I still believe that it is possible with a touch of engineering.

By the way, is your chiller heating the living area? I want to run a system 1 for tank remotely but it seems piping will screw up in my case as tank is next to my sofa and not balcony...

My Sump only a 3 ft so gona squeeze a little out for everything.

Cheers.

Ya, I know it can be bad for circulation, But I still believe that it is possible with a touch of engineering.

By the way, is your chiller heating the living area? I want to run a system 1 for tank remotely but it seems piping will screw up in my case as tank is next to my sofa and not balcony...

My Sump only a 3 ft so gona squeeze a little out for everything.

Cheers.

I have change mine to Arica and have felt less heat compared to the previous chiller... :rolleyes: Are u gonna add those CPU fans to help circulation in the cabinet where u gonna squeeze the chiller in ? If u gonna do so, u need to ways of air circulation. Fans to draw in fresh air into the cabinet and fans to suck out the hot air emitted from the chiller...

As for pipping, jus need to connect and glue securely in case it loosens or broke. :rolleyes: Wat skimmer u plan to use and is it a LPS tank ?

I have change mine to Arica and have felt less heat compared to the previous chiller... :rolleyes: Are u gonna add those CPU fans to help circulation in the cabinet where u gonna squeeze the chiller in ? If u gonna do so, u need to ways of air circulation. Fans to draw in fresh air into the cabinet and fans to suck out the hot air emitted from the chiller...

As for pipping, jus need to connect and glue securely in case it loosens or broke. :rolleyes: Wat skimmer u plan to use and is it a LPS tank ?

I thinking of a exhaust fan at the cabinet outlet with wind tunnel out of the chiller radiator fan.

It wil be a SPS... with some of my old LPS that it is with me since day 1. Skimmer I was thinking a Tunze 9020 in sump. The sump will 3ft DSB with Cheato and Undergravel filter for DSB...

Undergravel in DSB is old tech but I did notice one thing in my old tank, is that the specific gravity is higher in the sump tank as compare to the main tank... 0.002 higher, so you can guess how much junk in DSB...

The tank is decommed. No more 30G...