New Growth From Pang's Frag

New growth parts will always be lighter in colour compared to the main body.

Nice growth! :)

How about squeezing in more T5s and perhaps you'll see the frag change to be more colourful?

• SRC Member
New growth parts will always be lighter in colour compared to the main body.

Nice growth! :)

How about squeezing in more T5s and perhaps you'll see the frag change to be more colourful?

I think more T5 will not do any good as the orginal colour from the parent is brown in colour, unless it has been proven that even if the orginal colour is brown, under intense lighting, it will change the colour again. If that is the case, I wouldn't mind squeezing more T5 :D

Well, from my limited experience, it does seem that frag has the potential to turn green or even blue!

Why don't you ask the fragger what colour is the parent colony since it grew up under MH?

Wahaahaa..... oh i see... well, SPS corals may change colour and amaze you later... given the right lighting, water & tank conditions.

I do see some green tint on some parts of your frag.... it's not entirely dark chocolate brown where it could take ages to figure out the original colour.

What's your water parameters like? Calc and alk?

• SRC Member

Calc is like 380-390

Alk is like 7.0 - 8.0

No3 is like 1 - 2.5ppm

Has been dripping 2l of Kalk(2 teaspoon) with vinegar(20ml) evry alternate days. On top of that, will add in 4 tablespoon of Reef builder for increase of Alk every week and 2 tablespoon of Turbo calcium.