A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi bro,

Beautiful tank, i love it, your house look nice too, nice design.

Can u tell me where you get your red polyps/button and how much ? I want to get it too.

Too bad, my house pretty small so just want to enjoy the hobby and make thing simple, therefore only can cater for a 24g cube.

• SRC Member
Hi bro,

Beautiful tank, i love it, your house look nice too, nice design.

Can u tell me where you get your red polyps/button and how much ? I want to get it too.

Too bad, my house pretty small so just want to enjoy the hobby and make thing simple, therefore only can cater for a 24g cube.

Thanks for the kind words....actually it doesn't matter whether your tank is big or small, its how well you maintain it that matters. I've seen lots of stunning small tanks kept by the bros here. The red button poylps on the bottom left hand side? I got them from ah bengs about a month back. Costed me around $15 if im not wrong. It looks abit brown under white lights and red under atanic. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Good to see that your Suns are doing very well, however, be sure to keep them well-fed. I neglected my suns for a while due to school work and they are noticebly shrunk. :(

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member
i like your blue tang and flame hawk, how much ?? i think you have been spending a bomb for this kind of setup and the stock you have.

Blue tangs are pretty affordable....bought mine less than $20 a few months back, now its like so fat....but still as timid as ever.... :upsidedown:

The flame hawk is one of my more expensive fishes, was pretty shy at the beginning and i actually wondered at 1 point if it would die from hunger. It has started feeding a week back and perches on rock in the open more frequently now. Oh, forgot the price...bought it ard $60.

Actually my setup isn't really expensive. All the equipment adds up to around 1.5k. Thats what some people pay for just a chiller or their lighting. Im a poor guy.... :lol:

Anyway, thanks for visiting.... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

Erm, my blue tang had a 12G tank for its 1st home....i guess if you get a very small specimen and you intend to upgrade your tank in the future, i think you can give it a try. Tangs do need big spaces to swim around though.

Hehe just bought a tiny Blue Tang from AM just now :D Heard they are quite good in controlling access algae especially those yucky lime green patches :sick:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

U went to AM just now? How is it? Got any interesting stuff? Btw, my sunburst died in my QT. :snore: Should have choosed the healthier specimen. Chose the weaker looking 1 coz the other has torn fins. Ah well, part and parcel of buying LS. No guarantees. :)

Is the tang in your tank yet? Try put it in a betta box to make sure it eats 1st. Saw many tiny BTs a few days back, was so tenpted to get them. Gosh...cute aren't they? Haha, luckily i resisted the temptation. How is yours doing so far?

Oh, saw 1/2 inches butterfly fishes at Irawna and Seletar. SO CUTE! Gosh.... :paiseh:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

U went to AM just now? How is it? Got any interesting stuff? Btw, my sunburst died in my QT. :snore: Should have choosed the healthier specimen. Chose the weaker looking 1 coz the other has torn fins. Ah well, part and parcel of buying LS. No guarantees. :)

Is the tang in your tank yet? Try put it in a betta box to make sure it eats 1st. Saw many tiny BTs a few days back, was so tenpted to get them. Gosh...cute aren't they? Haha, luckily i resisted the temptation. How is yours doing so far?

Oh, saw 1/2 inches butterfly fishes at Irawna and Seletar. SO CUTE! Gosh.... :paiseh:

AM nothing much la... oh those small Dispar Anthias are quite beautiful, selling 5 for $20. I better monitor my Sunburst... it doens't look hungry to me at all.

The BT was in a betta box, I throw in a bit of algae and it ate them. So I released it into my tank... now it is pecking on rocks and glass non stop, lol. It's quite costly though (for such a common fish). This BT is very active, almost as active as my Chromis. Love active fish! :yeah:

Butterfly is not reef safe right? If not, I already gotten a small S'pore Copper Butterfly. Upi have any Gramma? Saw some Brazilian at AM.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Upi? Wheres that? I saw some brazillian grammas at Irawana. No RGs though. You have a butterfly in your tank? Keep it monitored closely ahz, might nip on your corals. :)

No Butterfly, just saw it at LFS. UPI typo sorry. Yeah, can't really find RG as they are banned for export. In the black market prob can find, but usually quickly snatched and costly. Heard Brazilian is much more aggressive... anyone with experience? I might get one eventually...